IGNORED

DFF to DSF conversion

PhVL

Atatched you can find my new version v1.1.0. It allows to use 'Send to' menu to sequentially process list of selected DFF files, for example of one music album.

DFFtoDSF.png

For users of previous versions: simply copy new files over old ones and run the bat file again. No need to use 'Run as administrator' anymore.

Please give me your feedback, any comments and suggestions are welcome.

DFF2DSF_context_menu_Win7_Win8_v110.zip

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

paul3000h, glad to know it works for you!

You don't see the bold 'DFF to DSF' option because you have defined Foobar2000 as the default program to open DFF files.

In the 'Open with' submenu you can select 'Choose default program...' and then you can choose dff2dsf.bat from the tool folder. Then 'DFF to DSF' has to show in bold instead of Foobar2000. Or you can let it as it is, as you wish. The 'bold' option is provided only for quick access to single file conversion, otherwise you can always use the 'Send to' option.

You don't need to use 'Run as administrator' when launching AddContextMenuItem.bat or RemoveContextMenuItem.bat in this version v1.1.0. But it causes no issue if you do so.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500

The 'Open with' option is the 'bold' option, but Windows always displays the default program for an file extension (Foobar2000 for DFF in your case) as bold. So it is intended for single file conversion.

The 'Send to' option is intended for multiple file conversion. You can use it also for single file conversion.

Find more information in the PDF document. Your picture with folder content shows previous version files before v1.1.0 installation. You can delete the readme file of the previous version, as it is now obsolete. Use the PDF document now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Stephanie, I got such eror dialog only in the case when the input DFF contained compressed DST data and not uncompressed DSD data. I mean your issue is related to Miska's dff2dsf. If it would exit with an well defined exit status, I could process it and display a dialog box in this case.

Compressed DST data are contained in SACDs, which contain both multichannel and stereo tracks. There are some audio players which can show if a DFF file contains DSD or DST data, for example Foobar2000 in playlist Codes column, or in track properties.

Jussi, the previous DFF2DSF version processed multichannel DFF files correctly:

h:\tools\ISO2DSD>dff2dsf.exe "Unknown Album\01 - Sarah Brightman - La Luna.dff"

"Unknown Album\01 - Sarah Brightman - La Luna.dsf"

DFF2DSF v1.1.0

Copyright © 2014 Jussi Laako / Signalyst. All rights reserved.

h:\tools\ISO2DSD>..\dff2dsf.exe "Unknown Album\01 - Sarah Brightman - La Luna.dff" "Unknown Album\01 - Sarah Brightman - La Luna.dsf"

DFF2DSF v1.2.0

Copyright © 2014 Jussi Laako / Signalyst. All rights reserved.

exception: clDSDIFF::ReadRaw(): read size must be multiple of channels

h:\tools\ISO2DSD>

• 5 weeks later...
Then I have converted DFF to DSF (for tagging) by using JRiver.

JRiver conversion is DFF to PCM and then PCM to DSF, so you loose some sound quality.

ISO2DSF uses DFF2DSF tool from Miska, which does this conversion without any quality loss (no PCM stage appears in the conversion).

So ISO2DSF is different from ISO2DSD (Sonore)?

Yes. Download the zip from http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/how-do-you-store-dff-untagged-files-21780/index8.html and read the PDF guide for overview how to install and use the tool.

Or more straight questions;

1. So ISO2DSF can extract DFF from ISO and convert to DSF with tags from ISO, WITHOUT making POP/Click noise?

If POP/Click noise was caused purely by sacd_extract to DSF conversion, then the currently known answer is yes. POP/Click noise can have more reasons. Give it a try.

2. If it still makes noise, I need to stick to DFF files but is there any way we can edit tag for DFF file?

No need to deal with non-standard DFF tags, when you will use ISO2DSF to create tagged DSF files.

Thank you very much for your advise.

I was working on your application and I have, in one folder, following files.

AddContextMenuItem.bat

dff2dsf.exe

dff2dsf_multi.bat

DFFtoDSFv110.pdf

license.txt

RemoveContextMenuItem.bat

According to the instruction, I just need to go to any dff files and right click.

I cannot see Sent to or another menu for DFF2DSF.

Am I missing something?

You need to run AddContextMenuItem.bat.

After that, if you don't see the 'DFF to DSF' context menu item, use the corresponding part of ISO2DSF documentation, which is more complete in this area.

I started getting to know how it works.....

I can now see ISO2DSF is running, extracting DFF file to 'Unknown album Unknown Artist'

Then when it finishes its job, dff files disappear and Unknown artist - Unknown album.cue only remains. Nothing more.

What do you think?

Such troubles happened with some ISO's. In that case sacd_extract creates DFFs with corrupted (shortened) metadata. I have no easy solution for this case.

Thank you for your answer.

I've tried 5 albums and all of them were making dff files with Unknown artist.

Then at the stage of DFF to DFS conversion, program delete all and make cue file.

So I might have done something not right...

All ISOs!

You have 400 ISOs and the first 5 do this thing ... I am surprised. I have no such ISO, but other forum member sent us such a DFF (extracted by Sonore ISO2DSD) and Miska found the shortened ID3 tag.

I am curious you got Unknown artist - Unknown album for all 5 these ISOs.

Please make a command line call for one of those ISOs and send me the generated CUE sheet.

sacd_extract.exe -C -i <ISO_file>

Miska, the newest dff2dsf.exe v1.2.2 reports error if pathname(s) contain spaces. Previously such filenames/pathnames were processed correctly, if they were enclosed in double quotes.

bogi I just PM you.

The CUE sheet seems to be OK.

Maybe you use very long paths to your ISO file.

Try to set much smaller value of parameter $albumtitle_length in iso2dsf.cfg.

If that doesn't help, try to move your ISO to a folder closer to filesystem root and with shorter folder names.

I recommend you also to use short paths to the tool folder, see the Paul's post above. sacd_extract has some limits in processing long paths.

Still Unknown artist/Unknown album?

Which version of dff2dsf.exe are you using? The version from yesterday doesn't work well, so it could cause the trouble you describe. Use the version 1.2.1 if you downloaded it before the current 1.2.2.

yazsan55, maybe you moved ISO2DSF files after you run AddContextMenuItem.bat 1st time.

If so, did you run AddContextMenuItem.bat again from the new location?

ISO2DSF found 7 tracks in the ISO file and extracted DFF files.

You can preserve the DFF files by changing value of $preserveDFF in the cfg file.

It seems dff2dsf.exe didn't run sucessfully, if DSFs were not generated from DFFs. Check for dff2dsf.exe in your folder c:\ISO2DSF.

If you wish to reinstall ISO2DSF, at first run RemoveContextMenuItem.bat.

Then you can delete content of c:\ISO2DSF.

Then you can start again according to the PDF guide.

Do not collect the files in the root folder, use some directory, like C:\ISO2DSF before.

Further, I can not see DFF2DSF menu when I right click the dff files, even after running AddContextMenuItem.bat.

DFF2DSF and ISO2DSF don't have to be mixed. Hopefully you didn't do so. ISO2DSF doesn't create context menu entry for DFF files.

The folder files seem to be complete. I found you are not using the latest ISO2DSF version (according to the name of the PDF file). The version 1.2.1 addresses issues with special characters in track titles or album name / performer. But the version 1.2.0 functioned with most ISOs too.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/f11-software/how-do-you-store-dff-untagged-files-21780/index8.html#post359964

I have also feeling that you are facing with some access right issue. I don't know which OS version you are running. If it is Vista or newer and if you are administrator, you can try to lower the level of User Account Control settings. Click on Start, enter UAC into the searchbox and run 'Change User Account Control settings'. Then move the slider quite down.

OK, strange, because the only change is related to handling corrupt ID3v2 tags inside DFF. I'll check it...

I found the issue is relevant only for the 1st (input) DFF parameter. In the case of 2nd (output) DSF parameter spaces cause no troubles.

You can try to run the tool from command line. Write cmd in the search box, open Command Prompt window. Then run:

c:\ISO2DSF\iso2dsf.exe c:\ISO2DSF\my.iso

Write correct pathname to your ISO instead of c:\ISO2DSF\my.iso

You can try also to open the Command Prompt window as Administrator and then try the same in it. cmd in the search box, then right click on the 'Command Prompt' search result, choose Run as administrator from the context menu and then run the above command.