IGNORED

Has anyone had a chance to listen to or read much about the Rockna Wavedream DAC?

@Zurv I really really want Wavelight server because I don't have any CDs. But the Wavelight server had been delayed 1+ year and my local Rockna dealer said he has no date for its available. That's why I get the Wavedream NET.

Currently I feed my DAC with NUC fanless + SOtM sPS-500 output to USB, to IFI iUSB3.0 + Uptone LPS-1.2 then to DAC USB input. USB cable is Ansuz D2.

2 minutes ago, VerdantAudio said:

As a dealer, I don't have specs at this time on the Wavelight server other than you can attach up to 8TB of memory.  I would not assume it is the same as the Wavedream NET minus the drive.  

Wavelight server might have newer PC parts. Sure they have much more differences. That might be the reason it takes long time to develop Wavelight server and make it available.

10 minutes ago, Zurv said:

i did ask. They only told me the size. 

Then you can go ahead. Me I put 8A Orange fuse in DAC, 10A Orange fuse in Amp, 10A Orange fuses in REL subs. For Wavedream NET I will put 8A Orange :D

I only experience SR fuses. Red, Black, Blue, Orange. To me Orange sounds best. 

39 minutes ago, Saleh84 said:

On rockna wavedream, you set the volume to max, that's 0db. This is the full output (no pre), no button on sitting just keep the volume at max.

That’s true. 

My Signature XLR DAC has output voltage 20V, a bit hot for my amp. That is why I keep the DAC volume at -6. 

23 hours ago, Zurv said:

It is a shame they didn't upgrade the dream to use the same pre as the wavelight. The wavelight's pre is analog, but the wavedream's is in the digital domain.

better.. would be to just not have a pre-amp at all. 

I would not worry about digital volume. It sounds good :)

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Fife said:

What is the fuse spec for WaveDream and Net? Thx

When I started experiencing fuse upgrade few years ago I really cared about fuse type (fast/slow blow…) and fuse rating (how many ampere…)

Now I no longer care about exactly match of fuse rating. Just make sure it is high enough.