IGNORED

macbook black, can't do 24/96????

-via internal speaker YES.. not tried optical since I have no plans of using it.

-you know what, I'm actually gonna say that the other USB port is not working..

I only tried via USB connection on the dacmagic

Do you have the dacmagic or the dacmagic plus? The original dacmagic does not take higher than 48 khz through USB. You need to use the toslink connection for anything higher than that. If you have the dacmagic plus, did you download the driver software from Cambridge Audio to use the USB for hi-res audio? If not, you might want to try that.

I work someplace that sells stuff.

Never mind the part about the driver for USB, that only applies to Windows based computers, but if you are not using a DacMagic Plus, you cannot run anything higher than 16/48 music files through the DacMagic via USB, according to the Cambridge Audio specifications.

I work someplace that sells stuff.

• 9 months later...
HELP!!

I have USB - spdif and it only output 24/48 max!! no sound for 24/96 res..

what could this be? my laptop? :(

The solution to the problem in connecting an external DAC to a MacBook Pro (Mac OS X) to pass the high resolution (hi rez) file at 24/96 audio out via the USB cable to the DAC:

"The trick is to set 24/96 for output, but 16/96 for input. It seems that OS X reserves the bandwidth on the UBS chain for input, even though the DAC will never use it"

More here: Audio Asylum Thread Printer

Hey hey hey!!! :)

Just want to get back, your solution works for me!!

So to old macbook users, this is our fix! ?

~Jason

Macbook black| consonance usb-spdif|Muse NOS DAC | Yamaha A-s700 | Dynaudio audience 52se|

cables: pangea ac9, DH labs Q9 silversonic, chord company crimson interconnect, BJC digital coaxial cable