IGNORED

Cheap music server power tweak that is VERY good.

TJHUB

So do you think that a power bank provide clean power? Really?

The power that can provide a power bank is worse than the power of a normal pc usb port .

The voltage of a battery is 3.7v, not 5v; so to take the voltage from 3,7 to 5volt in power bank there Are very cheap switching step up (don't know if it is the correct word in eng) with a huge Amount of ripple. (Because a power bank do not Need to provide a clean and stable power, because you use it to charge other batteries).

In conclusion, it is quite absurd to use a power bank that provides "dirtier" power than a normal pc usb port.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app

Hi Simone

Thanks for sharing this info

Frankly, I did search a lot on the internet and did not get a definite answer about battery banks in particular.

Some amps like red wine and Dodd used battery power but thier implementation is different

Your post was first time I read something concrete about the battery banks wrt audio

So any suggestions what should I use till I can afford an expensive linear power supply

For me the cost of importing and duty adds up a lot

Can I use wall.adapters by good mobile phone brands such as apple or Samsung

Or

Ifi ipower seems to be a better bet

Lastly can we use car battery? I know it won't be convenient to use but apart from that will it provide ripple free supply?

Rgds

I don't have an answer about wall adaptors for mobile phone, some of them are well made, others very cheap. It is not a good idea, a wall adaptor is made to charge a battery, so there is no necessity of perfect voltage and low ripples.

IFI ipower could be a nice choice, you can buy it from audiophonics . fr that ships internationally.

Otherwise if you have some ability with electronics you can build by yourself e linear power supply.

Car battery is an expensive and not suitable choice, it has about 12volt

Using a LPSU to power a hard drive has no logical sense. In fact all the people that think that a LPSU for the hard drive does matter, none of them can explain you why.

I think it is better to study first how the data is processed from the hard drive to the dac before using a LPSU everywhere. (I saw people using a linear psu to power case fans; yeah you understood right.... Fans)

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Audiophile mobile app