IGNORED

Mutec MC-3+

It would be good to know if the MC-3+ USB and/or Mutec 1.2 supports USB input from Linux source ? (Like daphile or Jriver Linux music players)

Other topic is that if USB based source is 16/44khz, are there settings that MC3+ USB or Mutec 1.2 could upsample to 24/96khz (as AES EBU) ?

Your linked MC 1.2 picture above in Settings for MC-1.2 USB 2.0 (...) hw selection is giving me the idea, that your environment in Audiophile LINUX is having the hw device selection and if that is working OK,

it has exactly what I need :-)

My earlier plan was to use behringger SRC 24 96´s (up-conversion) 24bit/96khz AES interface to dcx 2496 and replace that by using more modern (&expensive) Mutec 1.2 USB or MC3+USB for the AES/EBU with possible up-conversion and especially the great Mutec USB input interface for music player. The online up-conversion in player is also ok, but requires some hw power, that not necessary exist in my current HW player .

Thanks a lot for the tips & ideas!

• 2 months later...

I just tested Mutec MC-1.2 with Jriver Linux & Nuforce DAC (olf nuffie DAC HW supports only up to 96kHz) and system works in initial test.

MC-1.2 Linux support is not confirmed to be available from Mutec factory, but USB signal from ubuntu 14.04. seems to go through MC-1.2 @96kHz and further with s/p-diff fiber to DAC

:-)

• 3 months later...

" The desired clock rate for the digital outputs can be selected on the front panel with options between 44.1 kHz, 88.2 kHz and 176.4 kHz that are independent from the clock rate of the incoming DSD or DoP streams. "

Is there any reason that very standard option 96kHz is not included in the list or will it be later available in firmware update ?