IGNORED

The Aurenders S10 & W20

I can second Marslo commits, we use our Aurender X100S via Nordost Blue Heaven USB to the Auralic VEGA with zero problems. From DSD to dare I say regular old MP3 files the setup has been rock solid. I am now experimenting using Nordost Sort Kones under the X100S as an inexpensive addition.

I will note that I recommend something more than the stock power cord, it makes a difference.

photo (1).JPG

Has the Aurender X100 been released yet? I don't see any information on the Aurender page. All I see is press release. Where can I see detailed info on the specs and where to purchase it from?

Shaded99:

Yes, the X100 series has been officially released for about a month now. Additionally, as of just last night the Aurender website has been updated to reflect the new models.

With respect to playing music from your NAS, you can do it. However you miss out on cover art and metadata information. You see all your files from a folder perspective. Lastly, for me there is a difference in sound from playing music from the NAS vs. the X100 internal memory.

You can also use Airplay but WIFI sometimes introduces its own issues, for all of our listening we use direct connections.