IGNORED

Article: The Bentley of Music Servers

markr

Hmmmmmm. It B a Bentley awrite. Did you ever price one of those bad boys? w00t! It has very nice specs too (they look sort of familiar Chris *grin*). ...... it doesn't really exist yet though does it? An interesting marketing exploratory..... I have a co-conspiritor in music-creation-crime that wanted me to help make this sort of thing a reality 6 or 8 years ago. That would have taken too much away from learning what I see as my craft though. I'm kind of a Honda guy too. Wouldn't mind stepping up to an Accura though ... getting older.... I've known this kind of thing was going to be done for 15yrs. now ($h1t! Sorry, I just accidentally switched to 'blather' there.) <br />

<br />

I see the conundrum amungya. <br />

<br />

Being of a somewhat talented techno-scum background, and having left the retail audiophile world behind (too many $$$ for what can be bought elsewhere with much less attitude, more reliability, functionality and less $$$ -OK, the stuff in the HiFi store really looks pretty though- ) for the world of professional *studio* sound the day I took delivery on my Klipsh LaScalas ( 1992 ? - I'm not sure ), I now TRULY see what the folks who like the direction of this website want to get to. I think.<br />

<br />

Not only are the electromechanical aspects for this sort of thing somewhat scary to most folks - the software for this level of integration ( read: 'user friendliness' ) is ........ well, pretty complicated.<br />

<br />

I have to leave you with this for now: Besides working the other issues with iTunes, Apple needs to make a heavy-duty *server* version of iTunes ( R U listening Steve? - I'll BET $$ he is & I don't normally gamble ). In fact, I wonder what, if any of the characteristics and limitations of the 'regular' iTunes change when it is run on 'OSX sever' right now? Anyone out there know?<br />

<br />

<br />

markr<br />

"There are only two kinds of people: Those who understand binary and those who don't"<br />

hear here:<strong> KUT.org after 8 pm CST most nights. Try it. You'll like it - Jazz tonight</strong>