IGNORED

Audirvana 2.2 with iOS remote

Just released, so probably worth a new thread.

As a reminder, here's the change-log to 2.1 (in addition to the iOS remote integration):

• iTunes integrated mode: Disengage automatically to let iTunes play directly DRM protected files (.m4p)
  • Add Luxman DA-06, Wadia di122, Devialet (from firmware v8) to whitelist of automatically recognized DSD capable DACs
  • Display play queue total # tracks and time
  • Add and modify toolbar at bottom of the hierarchical list of playlists
  • Audio volume icon and value in dB
  • Rename "Libraries" to "Sources"
  • Bug fixes:

• Fix setting another album with same title but different album artist not working when editing single or multiple tracks metadata
    • Fix sync not creating correctly album with same name as existing, but different album artist
    • Fix deleting one track in play queue was also deleting all the other occurrences of the same track
    • Add Artist as a criteria when searching "All" in the Albums
    • Several other minor fixes

And SQ optimization, mostly in definition

Just started listening, curious about the SQ improvements.

First feature request (!)

A GUI-less mode for the A+ server when using the remote. Will minimize CPU/GPU workload and benefit SQ?

Roon client on iPad/MacBookPro

Roon Server & HQPlayer on Mac Mini 2.0 GHz i7 with JS-2

LPS-1 & ultraRendu → Lampizator Atlantic → Bent Audio TAP-X → Atma-sphere M60 → Zero autoformers → Harbeth Compact 7 ES-3

As said before, all works fine.

A minor feature request for the next release: the "Reset Filters" option not only resets the filters, it also deletes any filters I may have added. Could we have one option "reset filter" that just puts the filters back to "all", and an other one called "back to default" or something similar that goes back to the four default filters?

Have installed the Remote on my 5S and everything works. 2 complaints. When in artist view there is no way to stop the currently playing track, you have to switch to "Playing" to do that. Secondly, under the title of the song it will show grouping first :(

Dave

Crystal Clear Music Tweaked Mac Mini / Yosemite -> JRiver 22 -> Ayre QB9DSD -> Bryston BP26DA -> Bryston 4BSST2 -> B&W 802Di | Transparent Reference XLRs, Transparent Super Speaker Cable, Maple Shade USB cable

Nice job Damien, many thanks for providing the long awaited remote app

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

Downloaded and the iPad apps working fine. SQ is good too. Merci Damien

Rega RP8 w/ Lyra Titan, MBP - A+2 - Auralic Vega - Halcro DM10 - 2 x MBL 9008A monos - B&W 800Di2. 4KVA BOT, Franke 1500 Power Bank + Shunyata V-Ray and Anaconda mains - Audience Au24 ic's.

I really like the A+ Remote app, and for a version 1.0, I'd give it a score of 6 out of 10.

The SQ, which I'll investigate more, seems better than with Apple's Remote app integrated with Audirvana Plus (which has been my main way of listening up to now).

But it's still absurd that The Beatles, The Band, The Beach Boys and The Byrds -- just to name some commonly found B's -- are placed alphabetically under the letter "T."

And making a playlist within the A+ Remote app -- can I do that?

Also, when I'm in the Albums tab and have tapped a track to play, why make me go to another tab (Playing) for the basic pause, stop, forward, back arrows? On my iPad, there's plenty of room at the top of the new app for those arrows, which could be in addition to the Playing tab.

Dave, who worked as an analyst and says that being analytical like his comments above is not the same as being critical

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Music is love, made audible.

And making a playlist within the A+ Remote app -- can I do that?

Here's a feature I'd love: When you tap on Edit in the Play Queue, add the option of saving that entire queue as a Playlist, along with the opportunity to name that new Playlist.

Damien, is that possible?

That would seem like the best approach for creating Playlists within the A+ app, since isn't a playlist in essence simply a saved queue?

Dave, who then would like the same basic editing capabilities for playlists as exist for queues

Another feature I'd love:

In the Artists tab, there's a vertical "A" to "Z" to help me jump quickly where I want to go.

The feature? Put the same vertical "A" to "Z" in the Albums tab for the same kind of quick jumps.

Dave, who is delighted that the little silver metal Apple remote still works with Audirvana nicely

So happy to have the remote app. I'll be using it all the time. Thanks!

With this initial version of the remote, the app unexpectedly exits whenever I scroll through long playlists. I have a first gen iPad Mini.

Using the marks on the right side, to step through the list, avoids the problem.

2013 MacBook Pro Retina -> {Pure Music | Audirvana} -> {Dragonfly Red v.1} -> AKG K-702 or Sennheiser HD650 headphones.

I unsuccessfully tried the Apple remote app earlier, and it needed a network setup via Internet connection.

It was my understanding that one cannot create a network on Mac mini without an Internet connection.

Am I wrong?

Is your Mac Mini currently not networked to anything? Do you remotely control it from another computer or mobile device?

You already have at least one computer in your house connected to the internet, or else you could not read this forum. Is there a reason you do not want the Mac Mini connected to the same network as the computer that is connected to the internet?

If you strongly object to such connection, I believe you can create an "ad hoc" Bluetooth or Wi-Fi network connection between the iOS device and Mac Mini. I have not tried it, but you might do a web search for OS X "ad hoc network".

HQPlayer (on 3.8 GHz 8-core i7 iMac 2020) > NAA (on 2012 Mac Mini i7) > RME ADI-2 v2 > Benchmark AHB-2 > Thiel 3.7

I recently purchased Audirvana after a long time as a JRiver user, and I must say I'm really liking it. Audirvana has a very nice Mac way of doing things and the sound quality is great. I

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a keyboard shortcut to add a song to the play queue. This would really speed up the process of building a playlist on the fly. A right click option would also be great.