Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About halo777

  • Rank
  1. OK, so I ordered the 2.8 card for the unit. Sonore was super quick on the response, and shipped it out the very next day. Amazing! In the meantime, I dug into the network setup. I am running an Orbi wireless network with satellites, and a Ubiquiti switch for the fiber connection from the Signature. After looking into the settings on the Orbi, it seems it was assigning the switch an IP through DHCP, and then creating a different subnet for the SR. The SR was also getting an IP through DHCP. The Orbi allowed me to set a static IP address for the switch, but not for the SR on the different subnet. However, after setting the switch with a static IP, and rebooting all the devices, the SR got an IP on the same subnet. After that, the Orbi allowed me to reserve a static IP for the SR as well. I tested it, and within the first 60 seconds I had the same disconnect issue. I was pretty disappointed. Then, 15s later, it stated playing music again, which had never happend with previous disconnects. Since then, it has been totally stable. Not a single disconnect. I dont know why the SR would have issues when using the Lampizator, but not the Schiit. But in any case, it seems the issue is resolved for the time being. Just to note, the device is still on 2.7. thanks R1200CL! Your recommendation worked !!!
  2. thanks for the tip Ill followup on both of those
  3. I have a Signature Rendu SE Optical, and am having some issues with my connection to a new DAC with USB. Details: The SR connects fine to my Schiit Yggy with Tidal and Mconnect My laptop connect fine to my new Lampizator Amber III using the JL sounds device driver (through Tidal app and Mconnect using Tidal) The SR will display the Lampizator info in the Custom DAC section in SonicOrbiter. 0) USB Audio Class Digital alsa audio output interface `hw:0,0' - device name = Lampizator - interface name = USB Audio - usb audio class = 2 - isochronous asynchronous - USB ID = /proc/asound/card0/usbid - character device = /dev/snd/pcmC0D0p - encoding formats = S32_LE, SPECIAL, DSD_U32_BE, S16_LE - monitor file = /proc/asound/card0/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params - stream file = /proc/asound/card0/stream0 The SR using Mconnect, will very briefly play songs through Tidal. Then, it will stop, and the SR has issues. Mconnect will say things like "Invalid file location" or "Renderer will not respond" and nothing will play Once I reboot the SR and the DAC, it will sometimes come back. The SR will pickup a new IP through DHCP. It will start playing when I hit play in Mconnect, and then after a short period it stops, and the issues start all over again. OS is on updated 2.7, as that is the latest it would let me download. This is the latest version of the Amber III dac, that has the DS53 digital engine and their latest USB module.
  • Create New...