IGNORED

Dilemmas Dilemmas... Setting up Network Media Player..... Windows vs Mac.....

Hello...

I wish to set up Network Media environment with a personal computer and my audio and currently weighing different options. With informations I gathered so far, I can not make an educated decision. I feel the information that are available to me are not complete. Please.... Please.... Please... It would be very appreciated if someone can shed some light on this issue...

My current As-Is

CD Player (April Music CD10) -> Preamplifier (Conrad Johnson PV12) -> Amplifier (Synthesis Theatre) -> Speakers (Focus Audio FS 78)

To-Be.....

Media Server -> Preamplifier -> Amplifier -> Speakers...

The media server and the stereo system are placed in different rooms thus I need to go wireless.......

It would be an easy decision if iTunes supports uncompressed file formats such as WAV or AIF.... My understanding is that while iTunes will plays WAV or AIF however to use the full functionality of iTunes, the file formats has to be compressed formats.

Then I started looking at running Media Server on Windows based box...

The options I have on Windows based media server leaves me with following issues...

1. Logitech Squeezebox uses Squeezecenter software to control my music library thus I would not be able to use "Burwen BobCat"....

2. If I were to go with Windows Media Player to leverage Burwen Bobcat plug in the I would have to go with D-Link DSM 520 to hook my DAC with Wireless Media Player.... if this is the case then would it be possible to use iTouch as a remote with album covers and all????

3. Is there any other solution that can provide following function/feature? I wish to use uncompressed files such as WAV and use Windows Media Player and Burwen BobCat Plug in... If so.... what is the best way to connect with my DAC in the other room. My DAC accepts USB and optical cable.... Also, what would be the best solution for remote control? I wish to use iTouch with album cover features.......

Thank you.....