IGNORED

Independent electric circuit

LAMF

My first post here. :) Congrats for the board and members.

I've been reading a lot some of your interesting posts and i have a question.

What you guys think about an independent electric circuit from the main electric board to your comp outlet(s), with an independent ground. Do you guys think that we can have some sonic gains?

PC / Pro-Ject USB dac (modded)/ Musical Fidelity X10-D (modded)/ Musical Fidelity X-A1 (modded)/ B&W CDM1 SE/ Supra Power Cables/ Nordost Flatline Speaker Cables

Hi LAMF - Thanks for the first post. You bring up a good question that I know I can't answer with certainty and I'm willing to bet you could hear a different answer from each person you ask. Some people say you need a common ground for everything in the chain, while others do not say this.

Here is how my system is configured.

Separate subpanel in my listening room

Analog on one circuit

DAC on another circuit

Computer on another circuit

I'm getting the best sound from this configuration. As a joke I was going to tell you that the power cable for my DAC was split in two strands one into the analog circuit and the other in the digital circuit. That would have been a good one for a newbie, not necessarily you LAMF.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

You are right i'm a newbie in comp audio....but, since i've bought this little thing called USB dac from Pro-ject it makes me put in perpective a lot of things audio related....................

So you have three independent circuits from the main electric board to your setup? That's awesome. :))

PC / Pro-Ject USB dac (modded)/ Musical Fidelity X10-D (modded)/ Musical Fidelity X-A1 (modded)/ B&W CDM1 SE/ Supra Power Cables/ Nordost Flatline Speaker Cables