IGNORED

Music Analysis - Objective & Subjective

Sorry that I cannot express what I want to say, because english is not my first language.

I mean something like this:

lziimfittogm90.jpg

Here you see a EQ comparison between Led Zeppelin II Mastered for ITunes vs. Marino Master.

The straight line is the MfITunes Version in comparison to the Marino. Is it possible that become such a comparison with Adobe Audition? And when yes, how?

Albert Einstein: Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Sorry that I cannot express what I want to say, because english is not my first language.

No prob - it's not my first language either, and I got what you meant the first time around.

Here you see a EQ comparison between Led Zeppelin II Mastered for ITunes vs. Marino Master.

The straight line is the MfITunes Version in comparison to the Marino. Is it possible that become such a comparison with Adobe Audition? And when yes, how?

I don't think Adobe Audition has a convenient compare function like that (I am not too familiar with Audition, as I prefer the free software Audacity), but with most software what you have to do is look at the spectral plot of both tracks separately and compare them yourself.

In Audacity, you could export the spectrum plot data of the two files, and then use something like excel or another spreadsheet or calculating/maths package to display the difference.

Well, yes, but what does the output actually show? And what did you do to change what is shown?

And what is the definition of "perfect" that the software uses? And what do you change to make the output be closer to "perfect"?

I don't think using a real time analyzer to make things "perfect" in your listening room has very much at all to do with showing different EQ choices from different masterings, but perhaps you can explain what you think the relevance is?

You are messing my words and sentences.

First of all, as (I) stated before I can't trust in real time analyzers, maybe only to show differences.

I guess what the software shows as 'perfect" is not allowing an specific frequency to be out of control.

That includes of course what we talk in audio (recording & listening) as 'resonances', that could be in the listening room, or from the music gear you use. And also, a lot of time, in the recordings themselves.

What can I do to achive 'perfection' to my ears, not for the RTA (or spectropgraphs) 'satisfaction' are a lot of things, like anti-resonance devices, speaker, listener & gear placement, music player software, etc., etc., etc.

Of course a RTA will show different EQ choices from different masterings, they are very good for this instead to look graphs generated for some piece of software without playing in "real time" and not reaching your ears. BTW, when we look in some recording room or concert hall, we can see the recording engineer using headphones all the time. Some others add a graphic display, but you can ask them which is the preferred 'instrument' to adjust something in the equalizing & mastering console...

From my side I like to stop this discussion, if not w'll finish in a tongue-twister and nobody learning nothing.

Best,

Roch

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

This album, a Studio Master Wav download,has been receiving great reviews and lots of favourable write ups in this and other forums.

I too think this is one of the best sounding albums available,it sounds to me as if there has been used very little if any compression,and the sound is so natural that I believe the same is true for the use of equalisation.

Does one of you technology professors here care to analyze the album?

I am curious as to what is my subjective perception and what an objective reseach will find.(Don't worry you findings will not in any way spoil my listening pleasure)

The album is downloadable as a 24/96 Wav or one can hear the tracks in a reasonable high(mp3?)compression format on the website.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Carmen Gomes Inc.- SSS no.1

SSS1%20Milan%20300.png

• 1 month later...
This album, a Studio Master Wav download,has been receiving great reviews and lots of favourable write ups in this and other forums.

I too think this is one of the best sounding albums available,it sounds to me as if there has been used very little if any compression,and the sound is so natural that I believe the same is true for the use of equalisation.

Does one of you technology professors here care to analyze the album?

I am curious as to what is my subjective perception and what an objective reseach will find.(Don't worry you findings will not in any way spoil my listening pleasure)

The album is downloadable as a 24/96 Wav or one can hear the tracks in a reasonable high(mp3?)compression format on the website.

Thanks in advance,

Christian

Carmen Gomes Inc.- SSS no.1

SSS1%20Milan%20300.png

Hi Christian, the album has already been analyzed on the DR Database,and indeed all the tracks are in the green zone,which is very positive indeed,none or very little compression.I think none. The music is played very balanced by the excellent musicians involved.

Here is the link if you want to see for yourself:DR Database

It seems TT Dynamic Range meter is opaque in exactly how it works, produces inaccurate results under conditions not atypical, is rather easily manipulated per TT Dynamic Range meter "lies" about vinyl's dynamic rang - Hydrogenaudio Forums, and seems to be no longer in active development.

The goal is certainly noble but this tool seems worse than nothing given its apparent flaws. Anyone know of a better tool for dynamic range data? I see tools like https://www.audiocation.de/en/plugin provide apparently accurate loudness data, but I don't see any dynamic range summary with that.

Hi Christian, the album has already been analyzed on the DR Database,and indeed all the tracks are in the green zone,which is very positive indeed,none or very little compression.I think none. The music is played very balanced by the excellent musicians involved.

Here is the link if you want to see for yourself:DR Database

Than you for the link.

Yes, very good specs. indeed.