IGNORED

How fast a Processor does one need in a Mac Mini?

If I'm running Pure Music 1.7.4 or another program that loads the track into RAM, how fast a motherboard processor do I really need? Right now I'm running a stripped-down for music version of Snow Leopard on a headless 2010 Mac Mini with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo with 8gb of RAM and a 128 gb SSD and an external Bolder Cable linear power supply. I have about 110,000 AIFF tracks on a firewire-connected 6tb FW/Esata/USB Western Digital Drive. I'm running out from the Mac Mini via a John Kenny Mk2 modded M2Hiface to my DAC and then on to my preamp, amp, etc. In short, is there any great sonic advantage to be gained by getting a Mac Mini 2011 with an i7? Do issues of better timing mentioned by eg, Mach2 really matter if the track is being played from RAM? If so, why? Thanks.

MG555

I'm sure there are no "issues" with your Mini. Some insist the 2011 Mini sounds better, but personally I'd have to hear it to believe it. I don't know what might account for this supposed difference.

Rascal

A: Mac Mini => Peachtree Nova => LFD Integrated Zero Mk.III => Harbeth Compact 7ES-3 | Musical Fidelity X-CAN V-8 => AKG K 701

B: Airport Express = > Benchmark DAC1 => Rega Brio-R => B&W DM 601 S2

C: Airport Express => AudioEngine A2