IGNORED

To All JRMC Users

yep really. my guess is the windows buffer that is left with the buffering, but j river is 0 to windows wasapi audio stack that i've set in the registry. 1ms is lowest i can get with KS, as j river is the only thing buffering to the DAC, as no buffering from windows with ks.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

I would like to see dsd conversion to pcm also at lower bit and sampling rates than it is currently available via asio at 24/352.8.

This would be a matter of convenience on account of quality, optional, for those who don't have high end dsd or dxd capable dacs.

I'm running a second gen intel quad core i5 2500k, the first gen i3 i had previous, had problems running at these low latencies.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

Submitted by Matias on Mon, 11/07/2011 - 03:17

I would like to see more and more audiophile features being implemented. I don't care about video, DLNA, integration with other websites, etc. Pristine audio quality is why I bought it.

---

+1

I'm looking for Audiophile only version vs standart version, too.

>>I would like to see dsd conversion to pcm also at lower bit >>and sampling rates than it is currently available via asio at >>24/352.8.

This is already taken care of in the v17 beta you can specify a output sample rate for files higher than 192. You could kinda in v16 but it wasnt DSD specific. It is still a bit of a kludge it would be better to separate out PCM sample up/down sampling from DSD-PCM transcoding altogether.

Should be no reason to use a lesser bit depth than 24.

Music Interests: http://www.onebitaudio.com

1. Put all the DSD options in one place in DSP studio (i.e DSD bitstreaming is buried in the video section.). Brand it with the DSD logo.Consider putting DSD log in playback toolbar. Also a Multichannel/stereo logo would be cool as well.

2. Allow a separate DAC selection for DSD files and if possible switch on the fly in a mixed media playlist

3. Decouple PCM up/down sampling from DSD transcoding with separately settable options.

4. Allow a DSD64 upsampling to DSD128 option.

5. DSF, DSDIFF file ID3v2 tagging and reading including writing back to source files. Failing that implement XML/text side car files for DSD sources.

6. Write a better faster utility to decompress DST files. The reference decoders are pitiful CPU hogs.

7. Identify which ASIO drivers are DSD capable in the Diagnostics region of ASIO settings. Consider other ASIO driver enquiry results like supported sample rates bit depth.

not sure why, (i have my theories) but, lower latencies, music sounds a little more dynamic, focused, and with better bass definition.

Also found, with my ears and system, dialing in a specific millisecond fine tunes the sound. 9ms sounded better and focused than 8ms, 7ms or 10ms. 6ms sounded better than 9ms, and 5ms. unfortunately i can't go lower than 5ms without audible pops or clicks, so 6ms has been the best sounding so far and works. if i could go lower, i think 3ms would sound best.

also found WASAPI event style output sounds the best when compared to 'normal' WASAPI, and KS, no matter how low i went with latency on these two. so i'm sticking with event style 6ms. i found it to be the best sounding for J River.

Pre-Buffer i've set at 20seconds, to me, came out on top with this combination.

1.Allow the ability to keep blu ray audio separate from blu ray video or rather allow them to be integrated into the audio section. At the moment these audio files are in the video section. It might be easier to tag certain AV files (DVD, BR) as to be displayed in the music node of the general navigation tree.? In other words there are some blu ray concerts opera live miusic that I want in with my nusic collection and not in the general hollywood movie stuff. Same goes for DVD-Audio.

2. One folder.jpg per disc/directory is not enough I need multiple views of the product **especially the back of the disc**. Agree on a naming system for these files.

3.Many downloads come with pdf fles. It would be nice to browse these either inline or through launching acrobat in another process.

4.Instead of the play/file option which appears when you Click on the cover art, turn this into an icon strip and add icons for different image views, pdf browsing and just as in the video mode (director, budget, actors etc) have a view which allows a nice layout of the audio tag data, graphics etc rather than right click ->tag, switch you eyes to a property sheet to the left. These will be easier to hit with a touchscreen as well. Another option would be to associate one or more URLs's with the album like reviews, publisher database etc.

5.WHen the server on the end of a remote controlled session (Windows client) shuts down goes to sleep please tell the remote client. They get all confused and half the time need to be terminated with prejudice with task manager.

6.When a remote library is the default the playback device keeps being set to play here rather than there. Get JRMC to remember where to render in between launches when the default library is remote.

7.When a remote client connects to a media server if the ASIO show diagnostic flag is turned on dialogues will display preventing any further action from the remote client. No dialogues should be displayed (Or display them on the remote client) when only the media server is running.

8.If an item has no cover art in the database automatically look in the directory for the appropriate file. i.e dont wait to be told.

1.Allow the ability to keep blu ray audio separate from blu ray video or rather allow them to be integrated into the audio section. At the moment these audio files are in the video section. It might be easier to tag certain AV files (DVD, BR) as to be displayed in the music node of the general navigation tree.? In other words there are some blu ray concerts opera live miusic that I want in with my nusic collection and not in the general hollywood movie stuff. Same goes for DVD-Audio.

Media Subtype is a tag that might help.

3.Many downloads come with pdf fles. It would be nice to browse these either inline or through launching acrobat in another process.

Tools/Options/General/Features/ and check "Data Support". This will show "Documents" in the tree.

Under File Types/Data, you can tell MC what to do with pdf files.

4.Instead of the play/file option which appears when you Click on the cover art

sounds like you've imported your cover art. This isn't necessary.

, turn this into an icon strip and add icons for different image views, pdf browsing and just as in the video mode (director, budget, actors etc) have a view which allows a nice layout of the audio tag data, graphics etc rather than right click ->tag, switch you eyes to a property sheet to the left. These will be easier to hit with a touchscreen as well. Another option would be to associate one or more URLs's with the album like reviews, publisher database etc.

5.WHen the server on the end of a remote controlled session (Windows client) shuts down goes to sleep please tell the remote client. They get all confused and half the time need to be terminated with prejudice with task manager.

Change the settings on the server. If it's asleep, the client doesn't know. Investigate "WOL" (Wake on LAN). There is an entry on this in our wiki.

6.When a remote library is the default the playback device keeps being set to play here rather than there.

You need to drag content to the right device in Playing Now or just click on it first.

Get JRMC to remember where to render in between launches when the default library is remote.

7.When a remote client connects to a media server if the ASIO show diagnostic flag is turned on dialogues will display preventing any further action from the remote client. No dialogues should be displayed (Or display them on the remote client) when only the media server is running.

I believe that's a setting for your ASIO driver, not something in MC.

8.If an item has no cover art in the database automatically look in the directory for the appropriate file. i.e dont wait to be told.

It will use a jpg if the matches.

Jim Hillegass / JRiver Media Center / jriver.com

two key points. Make the product rock solid reliable. It works most of the time, but like another user commented ...can't leave it on for days without re-booting. iTunes has issues, but reliability has never been a problem for me. Secondly, just give me a button or toggle in the program to go to "audiophile mode" which would implement all of the great ideas listed in this thread that improve sound quality and eliminate video from the equation. I can be a "geek" sometimes, but I prefer not to be when listening to good music on my system. Just make the settings easy to remove when needed. I think a "sound mode" feature that has "default" (normal mode), "audiophile" (best sound) and "custom" (user adjustable from either of the other modes) would be all that I need.

Good use of a thread to improve an already good product!

At this point after I read about ver 17 supporting native transfer of DSD I'd settle for a way to make it work! I'm not sure if the issue is because I'm running it in bootcamp via vmware or if I can solve this by rebooting into windows proper. It's a little confusing. Even after one does the bitstreaming option I'm getting all kind of errors and PCM conversions. Perhaps better documentation if the company is going to cram every feature imaginable in the thing.

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

Please visit, vote and have your say on the proposed 'pure direct' button for J River Media Centre

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=67679.0

basically, there are talks about getting a button to click on J River to make it easy to bypass all DSP, Volume, clip protection, 64bit internal float for music files.