IGNORED

To All JRMC Users

I would like for all JRMC users in their humble options to jot down any improvements / enhancements you think is needed in this already great product. The reason for this is to try to make JR the absolute best audio player out there. So I'm coming to the best forum for Computer audio playback there is for suggestions. For an example I would start the list with..

The option to shut down all Services and Processes which are not necessary for audio playback within the program. Something like "HOG MODE", or Audio Device exclusive access mode.

Your suggestions are welcome.

Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition / Stax SR-009, SR-007 MKI, SR-007 MKII

Lumin A-1 Network Player

iPAD Pro / JRemote App

JRiver 21 / unRAID NAS

Hi preproman - I like your idea. As a group of 188,000 unique readers the Computer Audiophile readers should be able to offer some great ideas.

The one thing I would like most is ripping integration with an accurate rip database to check against other rips.

It's already possible to gain Exclusive Access through JRMC. See screenshot below.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Thanks Chris,

Would that be the same as HOG MODE? in some of the player for MAC? Does it shut down other services that are running like Fidelizer is suppose to?

Lumin A-1 Network Player

iPAD Pro / JRemote App

JRiver 21 / unRAID NAS

1) As I understand it, you would like something like Jplay engine and throttle mode. I'm all for that, although it does not seem to be compatible with many features...

2) All-in-one room correction feature, from measuring (including supported mic) to frequency and time-based corrections.

Elp

1/ J River for OSX with all itune's track format compatibility

2/ Ability to play native dsd.dff files straight thru to a DSD Dac...

New simplified setup: STEREO- Primary listening Area: Cullen Circuits Mod ZP90> Benchmark DAC1>RotelRKB250 Power amp>KEF Q Series. Secondary listening areas: 1/ QNAP 119P II(running MinimServer)>UPnP>Linn Majik DSI>Linn Majik 140's. 2/ (Source awaiting)>Invicta DAC>RotelRKB2100 Power amp>Rega's. Tertiary multiroom areas: Same QNAP>SMB>Sonos>Various. MULTICHANNEL- MacMini>A+(Standalone mode)>Exasound e28 >5.1 analog out>Yamaha Avantage Receiver>Pre-outs>Linn Chakra power amps>Linn Katan front and sides. Linn Trikan Centre. Velodyne SPL1000 Ultra

I would like an app for google tv with similar look and features as the theater mode of JRMC 16.

My network includes a Logitech Revue Google TV device. An update with android market is coming within the next weeks, the update will make google tv compatible with more audio and video formats but the currently available mediaplayers for it lack in comparison to JRMC

Google TV update will be running honeycomb 3.1 android.

preproman, are you a representative from JRMC? If not, then there is no guarantee that they will even look at suggestions, let alone implement any. But it IS worth a try.

However, either way, here goes.

I only recently started to use it, was pleased by its quick and problem-free installation, am very happy with the results, and will now stay with it. I do not use it for ripping because I am happy with what I already use.

Some option for it to shut down all non-relevant processes would be good. Although I tend to do a shutdown/restart prior to a significant listening session there must still be lots of things going on. But - processor load is usually low anyway when playing music. Would it have a real effect or would it just make us feel better? I think running in hibernation mode may be a step too far.

Chris mentions Accurate Rip - I mainly use EAC in accurate rip mode. Sometimes when the database comes up with nothing I use the ripping process provided as part of Windows Media Player as it's database sometimes has the data. Also I believe it is equally good as EAC (or any other) provided its 'Use error correction' option is turned on.

A difficulty with Accurate Rip is what do you do if it turns out that your rip is not as accurate as you would like? Buy another CD and try again? There is no point in being told that something is 'broken' unless you can do something about it. Using an Accurate Rip method could be a major change for JRMC without a real advantage. Providing it as an option might merely give us all something else to worry about - not all would-be rippers are 'audio buffs'. Maybe not even the majority.

Run out of ideas now. Not that either of those were mine in the first place.

I'm just trying to gather some good audio ideas, so when J River puts it's focus back on audio we would have some good solid suggestions for enhancements.

Lumin A-1 Network Player

iPAD Pro / JRemote App

JRiver 21 / unRAID NAS

I would like to see JRMC support multiple tags for things like genre, artist, etc. MediaMonkey does this and I find it extremely useful for locating things in my collection. JRMC seems to just look at the first tag it sees and ignore the rest. (Unless I just don't have the program configured properly. If that is the problem I would love to know how to fix it.)

While I love JRMC for music (and that is really all I use it for, for the reasons forthcoming) I also think it is a great front end for video as well. However, as it is currently implemented, the files are presented willy-nilly with vob files littered everywhere and no real way to get access to your videos without going through 500 extraneous files that JRMC has either extracted from folders or iso images, rars ect. I'd just like to see, as they do for music, my file tree on my NAS exactly as it is, unmolested by JRMC. They seem to just throw out all your folders and put everything into one master list and the results are awful and terribly unfriendly to the user who has carefully spent time making their libraries manageable. They do this with the music part of the program very well. Why the video gets second shift is somewhat silly if you are going to add the feature. My only other thing to say about this FINE piece of software is that it would be nice as others have mentioned if you could get native DSD playback from JRMC to your DAC through HDMI or USB and it would be even better if we could play say .dff or the compressed mc version over their implementation of DLNA. Those of us with Oppos are literally jumping at the bit for a way to stream DSD materials rather than deal with disks. Also I would love to see them implement a way to control the DLNA to the OPPO with an iPhone but I guess that is more a problem for OPPO to figure out than JRMC. I've heard the problem seems to mostly lie with Oppo.

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

I'd really enjoy the ability to stream music files from my server to one of my Android devices via 3G/4G like Audioglaxy or Subsonic. I currently use Audiogalaxy for music on my phone but it trancodes to mp3. I would LOVE to be able to play lossless files on my phone and also like the idea of keeping it all in one program, eliminating AG all together.

I think Gizmo will do this but only via wireless which does not do me much good on the go.

As I stated in my comment, I would like to be able to stream via 3G/4G, streaming via wireless network at home is not something that interests me but thanks for the reply. Typically I do not have wireless signal when I want to listen on my phone...walking the dog, exercising outside, driving, that kind of thing. I use Audiogalaxy to listen at those times but I'd love to simplify to one program and use Gizmo. It also transcodes to mp3 and it would be great to have lossless playback too.

Does Gizmo stream flac in lossless form or transcode to compressed (mp3)?

Long time j river user here.

I'd like to see manual user adjustable WASAPI event style buffer, not pre defined 100 or 50 or 25 or 10ms. right now, i go into the registry and set it manually to 6ms. to my ears 6ms sounds best, and yes, there is a difference.

I'd also like to be able to reduce the event style buffer past 4ms without dropouts or clicks (i can get 0ms in normal WASAPI and 1ms KStreaming tweaking in the registry without dropouts). Reducing latency sounds better to my ears, i'm not the only one who hears this too, just check out Jplay.eu, the best sounding player out there, one reason it is, because of the shortest (quickest) latency buffer. making the digital path as short, direct and quick as possible is the aim.

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management

What I am referring to is being able to stream via the cellular signal, not the wireless signal. Gizmo does not do this, correct? As I mentioned, most occasions when I want to listen on my phone there is no wireless signal available. This is why I use Audiogalaxy because it can stream using the cellular service...not the wireless network.

Also, what I was asking is when it is streaming via wireless network to an Android device is it playing lossless files without altering them to a compressed format.

I use it for audio only. I create my customized views to my files, but every time I format or change computer and bring the folder with it, I have to recreate my custom views. I just wished it was possible to export them and backup them. Thats it.

I would like to see more and more audiophile features being implemented. I don't care about video, DLNA, integration with other websites, etc. Pristine audio quality is why I bought it.

1. WiiM Pro - Mola Mola Makua - Apollon NCx500+SS2590 - March Audio Sointuva AWG

2. LG 77C1 - Marantz SR7005 - Apollon NC502MP+NC252MP - Monitor Audio PL100+PLC150+C265 - SVS SB-3000

3. PC - RME ADI-2 DAC FS - Neumann KH 80 DSP

4. Phone - Tanchjim Space - Truthear Zero Red

5. PC - Keysion ES2981 - Truthear Zero Red

> I create my customized views to my files, but every time I format

> or change computer and bring the folder with it, I have to recreate

> my custom views.

With recent versions of JRiver MC, you can do a library backup in MC on your old PC and restore the library on your new PC. The views for that library will be present.

I keep my music files on drive M: on my dedicated MusicPC and on my personal PC. That eliminates the need to adjust the drive letter in the file location database field in MC.

I'll be moving to a new personal PC in a few days and will create an M: hard drive partition for my music files.

Bill

I also would love to see some sort of 'direct path' mode with just one click for Audio playback, where it bypasses volume, internal 64bit processing, DSPs, Pre buffering and any path audio might be routed too etc etc . The only processing that i need is converting to 24bit output (as i have a USB dac that only accepts 24bit using wasapi event). shortest and quickest path the better.

Obviously this wont work for video, as it has JRSS etc to work with, but if it is able to switch back to the direct mode automatically after watching video...

Roon  |  Metrum Acoustics Ambre Streamer & Onyx NOS DAC  |  Nakamichi BX-300  |  Technics SL-1210GAE & Ortofon 2M Black  |  Yamaha T-7

McIntosh MA352  |  JBL L82 Classic  |  Inakustik Interconnects & Speaker Cabling  |  IsoTek Power Management