IGNORED

Yet another guy seeking DAC advice

I can confirm the asynchronous USB input of this DAC completely avoids the jitter problem, so no more expensive worrying about transports and cables.

To the OP - I haven't heard the DAC, and it may be wonderful and a steal, but I'd counsel caution regarding absolute statements like "completely avoids the jitter problem" and "no more expensive worrying about transports and cables."

I've heard the QB-9 sounding very, very fine with good associated equipment (Pass Labs integrated, Wilson Sophia speakers, Audioquest cables). The owner is a friend and audio dealer whose judgment I greatly respect. He says if he could choose one line of DACs it would be "Gordon's stuff" (Gordon Rankin, principal of Wavelength and licensor of his technology to Ayre for the QB-9). So both the QB-9 and the Wavelength DACs are likely to be quite nice sounding. I'm sure there will be some differences, based on the design judgments of Gordon Rankin (Wavelength) and Charles Hansen (Ayre). Gordon's designs tend to be tube-based, Charles' solid-state. The QB-9 is 24/192-capable (currently - it was 24/96 once upon a time, so if you're looking at used, take care), as is the Wavelength Cosecant with Numerator.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.