IGNORED

CDP question

I know this a little off topic but I have a small problem maybe someone here can help me with. I have a Philips CD960 which uses the critically acclaimed CDM1 transport mechanism and was modified by California Audio Labs back when that needs belts to open the drawer. I have tried everywhere but to no avail and I hope someone on this great forum would be able to direct me to a place to purchase these belts. I know that it an old player but it sounds awesome and I would like to get it back to playing condition and I know there were many other players that used the transport mechanism so maybe someone knows if any belts are available. Many thanks. Bill.

Not sure about that one, but lots of those used a round belt. I have used an o-ring in place of the belt and it works fine if you can come up with one just about the right size.

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality.