IGNORED

Berkeley Alpha USB User Reports

Oh you really shouldn't.

The wait is worth it.

I have also been running my Alpha USB and DAC Combo for a week or so now.

The Alpha USB is truly extraordinary. At first, I was very puzzled why Berkeley charges such a high price for it. But one listen, and you will be happy you waited and spent the amount on it.

The Alpha combo simply has no hint of it being digital. You simply forget and will sit back and enjoy music.

discless since 2005

Power: Equitech 5WQ-E | Primary Source: Mac Mini with Pure Music | USB Interface: Soulution 590 | Amps: Dual Devialet D-Premier in Dual Mono mode | Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus + Torus Amp + DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core | Speakers: Magico Q1

Semi-Retired Equipment: AudioMachina Maestro S | Aurender S10 | Transporter | TacT 2.2XP | BADA USB | BADA Series 2

• 5 weeks later...

Absolutely loving the sound of the Alpha USB + DAC Series 2.

I notice that the via the Alpha USB, the level is MUCH louder than any other transport I have used! Have you guys notice this?

discless since 2005

Power: Equitech 5WQ-E | Primary Source: Mac Mini with Pure Music | USB Interface: Soulution 590 | Amps: Dual Devialet D-Premier in Dual Mono mode | Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus + Torus Amp + DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core | Speakers: Magico Q1

Semi-Retired Equipment: AudioMachina Maestro S | Aurender S10 | Transporter | TacT 2.2XP | BADA USB | BADA Series 2

Interesting. On my setup, I use BADA as my preamp, and I am using a much lower volume setting with the Alpha USB in the chain. I am talking about a difference of 10 to 15 on the vol value!

discless since 2005