IGNORED

Remote controls

Beowulf

As I plot my way to Music Server Nirvana I want to place the computer outside the listening room, snake the firewire cable into my DAC and then control the computer wirelessly with some type of remote. Presently, I am thinking iPod Touch. I understand there is a free app which allows you to remotely control iTunes.

Any experience with this combination for a remote or any other suggestions for a remote will be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee Estes

Hi Lee - The iPod Touch with Remote app is certainly one viable option. The best option, if you're willing to spend the money in this recessionary time, is to use a laptop with remote desktop or screen sharing. This allows full access to change the audio midi settings on a Mac and access to everything on a PC as well. The iTouch is good, but has it's limitations.

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

• 2 weeks later...

No - the Touch will not download the library. It will join the wireless network and access the library.

The Touch is just another computer on the network with the ability the control a program (iTunes) on another

computer on the same network.

cheers

Tom

BM DAC1/HDR --> ATC SCM 100ASL[br]BM DAC1--> Genelec 8020/Beyer T70[br]Apogee Duet2 --> Stax 007T/404[br]Apogee Duet2 --> Genelec 6010A/Beyer DT1350[br]