IGNORED

mediamonkey asio plugin

tympathique

Hi Chris

fine tuning needed

I worked quite hard testing standards Mediamonkey output plugins and I still ear little more brillance from AIFF Itunes ripped tracks played within Itunes. Kernel output crashes mediamonkey and ASIO output V0.66 SSE2 sound better but downsamples 96 khz HD tracks at 44 khz. I'v found solutions posted in different forums where similar problems where solved but no one works for me. I don't know if my XP pro service pack 3 could be my problem?

Otherwise, You ssuggested that under certain circumstances ASIO output v0.67 SSE2 [out_asio(dll).dll] must be used. I need to try this one but I can't find it on the web. Can you tell me where to find it.

thanks for your help

jacques

Hi,

I use J. River Media Center and teh built in ASIO support for my sound card workes great. I tried Media Monkey Gold and could not get the ASIO plugin to work. I feel J. River sounds better, just ask Gordon at Wavelenght.

Liz

Powerbook G4 15 inch Aluminum, \"Fidela,\" M2tech EVO (BNC)with RF attenuator,dedicated PSU, Stereovox XV Ultra (BNC) Audio Note Dac Kit 2.1 Level B Signature Upgraded to 12AU7 tubes, ARC SP-16L Tube preamp , VAC PA100/100 Tube Amp), Vintage Tubes, Furutech ETP-80, (Alon 2 Mk2, (upgraded tweeters, Usher Woofers), Pangea Power cords, Omega Micro Active Planar PC. Signal Cable Silver Resolution ICs.

...someone will upload here/link the (audiophiles) settings step by step for a dummy like me about the MM with XP (ASIO settings) and in particoular about the Nullsoft Waveform D. 2.07 settings?

Very, very thank you!

L.

'Cmon Chris ;-)

P.S. Is it "normal" to hear a regular sound like "clik" when MM is open without playing?

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

...I am still confused...I've read about a "chopper" sound that may drive you crazy and probably is made from asio4all plugin and vista or xpPRO. I am not sure...32/64 bit?!?

1stSYS...[iPad with MPaD like remote]Auraliti PK100(HD 1Tb W.D.)=>W4S dac1=>Megahertz audio integrated valve OTL amplifier=>SonyMDR-10(the King)headphone.[br]2ndSYS...iMac w/iTunes=>HRTstreamer II=>Adam A5 powered speakers.

...the feedback: I think I am not the one, but I hope to finish with it.

http://www.mediamonkey.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34094&p=174789&hilit=asio#p174789

Luca

• 2 weeks later...

Please, help me:

ok the plugin from japanese site and MM see it from options output, but...where can I found the asioDRIVER.dll ???

Thankz

Thank you tympathique,

but 'cause of my idiosync. in xp, the downloading of the file .dll (also from otachan, the japan site...) was already done; the fact is that like you see on this useful topic

http://www.mediamonkey.com/wiki/index.php/ASIO_Output_Plugins

it is clear that it is needed 2 files to put on the MM folder.

(Copying: "SO: to use ASIO with MediaMonkey, you * obtain one of the output plugins A N D an appropriate ASIO driver DLL...)

OK, where can I find the "ASIO driver.dll" ???

I can use the output asio and with the options, BUT I cannot set the otput-device, I think 'cause I have NOT the driver...

(On my PC I have only the MediaMomkey player and the standard Microsoft Media P.)

Very thank you.

P.S. It is possible to add here the file you have into the MM folder? (private mess.)

sorry, I only have one file in MM plugins folder (out_asio(dll).dll), I don't see any other asio file anywhere. How can I had it here?

I should say that the one I'v previouslly downloaded from the suggested MM site you refered did not worked for me either, even if it have the same name than the working one downloaded from Chris post. So there must be different versions of it. Try to overwrite your's.

Thanks again for the fedback...BUT it is so clear the wiki link.

(2 files needed...maybe you have on work the winamp?)

L.

again THX, tym...I think that "this" asio driver is found when there is winamp or some other device connected like you have M-audio, for example.

In the options of MM output, the window of the ASIO let you choose from M-audio and othe devices like the onboard audio card? What's your settings?

L.

PS I hope, one day... :)) ...to find a settings link/thread/forum with the basic and foundamentals: XP. for example has so many controls about audio and volume...and the brand of the PCs and Cameras and memory stick and...add player on player...all on the same machine!

Marry Christmas !!!

(to all)

I'v found the other asio file DeltaIIasio.dll in the m-audio folder

In the options of Mediamonkey output, the window of the ASIO let me choose from M-audio or creative asio

m-audio is selected to drive my M.audioaudiophile 24/96 card

thread priority is set to "highest"

buffer size to "7"

shift output channels to "0"

gapless mode "enable"

convert 1 channel to 2 channels "enabled"

use direct input monitor"not checked"

then I can set resampling rates (used for 24/96 flac files)

this settings work fine, great output.

Good to know your settings: I hope to read here more from the users of this MM player...

This times Chris seems to be very busy...I will waiting...

Ciao, L.

I might need some help too on the correct settings for Mediamonkey. Yesterday I noticed that MM would just skip over and not play the Mozart 24bit/192kHz Stereo FLAC test file that I downloaded from 2L. Also MM would only play about 2/3 of the Mozart 24bit/96kHz Stereo FLAC test file and then jump to the next track in my library.

Can someone please verify that these files play correctly and please provide your MM settings and plug-ins that you are using? The 2L download link is http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html

Otherwise MM seems great. It plays all my HRx files from Reference Recordings and all my Studio Master downloads from Linn Records. It’s nice to have a player that supports AIFF, WAV and FLAC without having to do format conversions.

I may have solved my own problem. The 2L website states "Important: Media players based on FLAC decoders prior to v. 1.2.1 may cause interrupted play-back".

I don't know what FLAC decoder is in MediaMonkey 3.06.1190 but apparently sometimes there are issues with the playback of FLAC files. Oh well, maybe someday MediaMonkey will playback all the 2L files correctly including 24bit/352.8 kHz DXD, 2.8224Mbit/s DSD 64 and the multichannel formats. One thing about digital is that it is not going to stand still.

One annoying issue I've noticed is that using the ASIO4ALL plugin with MediaMonkey doesn't allow for gapless playback, even if gapless mode is checked under the configuration tab for ASIO4ALL.

If anyone here knows how to get this working, I'd love to know. :)

--

djp

Intel iMac + Beresford TC-7510 + Little Dot MK III + beyerdynamics DT 231 = Computer audiophile quality on the cheap! --- Samsung Q1 + M-Audio Transit + Sennheiser PX 100 = Computer audiophile quality on the go!

the asio.exe from the japan site:

:o

(it means, so-o many files and folders!)

Better (for a dummies like me) to search the old sacdplayer waiting for better times HERE :))

L.