IGNORED

Optical to RCA Converter

Can anyone recommend a good converter from optical to RCA digital? I know odd but I have some older equipment that only has RCA input that I am trying to pair with newer that only has optical output. Any advise greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Reasonable unit for around $60-$70. In fact I have two, one of which I may no longer need, so if interested in a used one, PM me. Or if you'd prefer a new one, I got mine at Guitar Center, and I imagine there are several other places where they're available.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

If there are any Aussies reading this that know which end of a soldering iron is which,and have a similar requirement, or perhaps need RCA to Toslink instead. then check out the link below.

Alex

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K5174

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020

Thanks again guys! I did a little more surfing when I realized that ideally I wanted to hook up four different sources with optical and RCA connectors to one digital input (old Bose) and found this handy solution on e-bay. Could come in handy if you want to expand input possibilities for your DAC as well.