IGNORED

POLL: What USB cable are you using?

3 hours ago, Wizzer said:

There is an in-depth article in Psychology Today about poofs like Sal1950 , just pay no attention to this angry childish ,.....man?

I'm being childish,  I'm not the one believing in Santa Claus, the Boogy Man, and Magic Dust Cables.  LOL

Of course your free too spend your money in any way you chose. I just can't let the whole world believe that all audiophiles follow ludicrous marketing spins into a religion that the scientific world is laughing at.. 

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

2 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

... I just can't let the whole world believe that all audiophiles follow ludicrous marketing spins into a religion that the scientific world is laughing at.. 

Wow.

Thank you so much. It's a thankless job being The messiah. 

Lyngdorf MP40..Aurender N200..Panasonic UB9000..SimAudio Titan MCH Amp..Emotiva BasX A4..KEF Ref 1 Meta..Dali Phantom IW..SVS Prime Elevation(4)..JL Audio F112..Shunyata Research Ztron Alpha HC/Wireworld Silver Electra PCs..IsoAcoustics Gaia I and II, Orea Bronze..Billy Bags rack.

On 7/12/2011 at 2:53 AM, agentsmith said:

But I am never bothered to try to discern the differences between accessories. I treat each of these changes as baby steps, and made sure I at least have cabling and accessories that do not totally embarrass the matching equipment.

To me all these attention to details add up to better enjoyment, albeit some may only be for peace of mind. But as long as I do not get overboard I am ok with a little placebos.

I agree they are 'baby steps'.  I myself did not hear a difference in USB cables - it may well be there objectively / measureably but I am not going to get hung up about it.  I use two:

(1) Oyaide Continental silver (between PC and W4S Recovery reclocker), and

(2) Wyred4Sound USB between reclocker and DAC.

Windows 10 - (Asus P8Z77-M PRO; Intel i7-3770S 3.1GHz; Kingston HyperX 16GB 1866Mhz; Crucial MX200 1TB SATA3 SSD) - Foobar 2000 - Oyaide Continetal USB - Wyred4Sound Recovery reclocker - Wyred4Sound DAC2se - Oyaide AZ-910 Interconnects - Ayon Eris Pre-amp - Pass Labs X150.8 Power Amp - Nordost Frey - Triangle Magellan Speakers.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Maybe I missed it but why aren't we talking USB-C? Now that my MacBook is almost seven years old I'm looking to buy a new one and some of them only have USB-C ports. I came to this website tonight hoping to find some information about how people are adapting to the USB-C ports or hoping to learn about new USB-C products (amps, dacs, headphones). I have a DragonFly Red. Am I expected to plug it into an adapter and am I supposed to be happy with that? They're starting to get rid of headphone jacks, why aren't we talking about USB-C headphones?