IGNORED

POLL: What USB cable are you using?

Touch dry ice and you'll swear it's hot.

Watch David Copperfield make the elephant disappear and you'll swear it's gone.

Trust the Science first, the dry ice measures cold and we know it's physically impossible for the elephant to disappear.

In all cases your have to combine bias controlled blind testing with measurement before any sighted impressions can be given any validity.

I agree to a certain extent. Measure, and learn to hear what meaures properly. You can train your ears to understand what good measurements entail. But that doesn't mean you can't prefer something that doesn't measure perfectly. :-)

But that doesn't mean you can't prefer something that doesn't measure perfectly. :-)

Ah that's a big 10-4 there good buddy! ;)

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

Peter Aczel - The Audio Critic

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Never really understood why USB even exits in audio. Seems since laptops have been around it was the only way to connect I argue not very well but probably better then Bluetooth. XLR is one of the oldest ways to connect devices and I submit still the best. The audio industry has gone way out of their way to accommodate the USB in my opinion what a waste of time. Turning off the power within the USB or having an external power wire what a joke. It will not happen but if th USB died for audio tomorrow it would not be fast enough.

2 Channel: Bricasti M20, 21 & M28 SE /Aurender N30SA and MC10 Master clock Treatments: Acoustical panels(F, S & R walls) Misc.: SR Master Fuses

Speakers: Martin Logan CLX ART (Dark Cherry) w/30# weights / 2-ML 212's 

Grounding: QKore 1&6 / Networking: SOtM switch, clock and Pwr Supply / AQ Diamond /SR Router Power: Furutech GTX-DNCF / Oyaide inwall  wire

Nordost: 2-QB8 III, QV2's, QK1's, QSine, QWave, QX4, TC Kones, Sort Fut & LIft / Full OG Loom / 3-QSource & 12-QPoints, QNet, V2 Network

Misc.: iPad 6 /Custom Rack  Media Rm: ML: 13A's, 2-Descent i's, 6- Vanquish, Focus / 3-Parasound A23 / Legacy iV-3 Ultra / 77" LG 4k OLED / Anthem AVM90 / Pioneer Elite DVD Nordost: Odin/T2/H2, BC Kones, H2 Network, V2 HDMI

I was looking in my box of cables today and found a AQ Forest 2 meter cable in it. Not sure where it came from but I think the prior owner of my Marantz Pre/Pro gave it to me with a few other cables he threw in the box. No real use for it currently, only my printer is on a long USB line. DAC runs on Toslink.

"The gullibility of audiophiles is what astonishes me the most, even after all these years. How is it possible, how did it ever happen, that they trust fairy-tale purveyors and mystic gurus more than reliable sources of scientific information?"

nomqa.webp.aa713f2bb9e304522011cdb2d2ca907d.webp  R.I.P. MQA 2014-2023: Hyped product thanks to uneducated, uncritical advocates & captured press.

Never really understood why USB even exits in audio. Seems since laptops have been around it was the only way to connect I argue not very well but probably better then Bluetooth. XLR is one of the oldest ways to connect devices and I submit still the best. The audio industry has gone way out of their way to accommodate the USB in my opinion what a waste of time. Turning off the power within the USB or having an external power wire what a joke. It will not happen but if th USB died for audio tomorrow it would not be fast enough.

I agree the 5V with and without, clean 5V and so on was a stop gap measure to accomplish what is obvious but difficult to remove. Two things, the potential of the computer and the DAC will always be different. This provides a conduit of noise leakage currents, to flow from even other devices not relating to the two entities, which really complicates things.

USB can deliver very high rates DSD and PCM, AES3 192kHz max. XLR can be isolated, however the transformers used to isolate are not cheap, and they pass through differential noise with ease. The mechanism to create and store music is well defined, but the transmission out of the computer is where the frontier lies, to boldly go, so to speak, thanks Star Trek. AES3 has a well meaning clock, but traditional receivers were/are so lousy at extracting that clock, it's best to make a new clock altogether with higher precision.

If the library only has redbook, then AES3 and a good reclocker is the way to go.

Anything above 192kHz needs USB, so we're stuck with that system for the time being. Some USB fixes work, it's transformed my DAC into something palatable approaching the output of SACD I own, so there's just daylight between them. It's knowing to how identify noise, then apply reduction/blocking system work. If it were simple to measure, like a voltmeter, but leakage currents are small,difficult to measure but their effect on a DAC is considerable. Companies like ifi, Uptone, Intona exist to block these transmission of leakage currents, still a long way to go, but at least we are out of the dark ages.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

3 hours ago, Tokobjork said:

Solid silver cable by Lavricables (30cm version).

Maybe create a silver necklace for your lady out of it, then it would be useful. ;) 

28 minutes ago, chauphuong said:

Pls have some comments. I am contemplating buying one.

I purchased Curious Cable ,.Some dislike it for various reasons in favour of other brands however there are others like myself that do like it compared to other brands ,.

With testimonies of Curious Cables aside two reasons to purchase was their money refund if you do not care for it including free return shipping policy,. Who else in the wire business offers this ?

Secondly was Rob Woodlands back ground with Eichmann which I use in cabling and chassis connections of my Lamm amplifiers and preamp .

12 hours ago, chauphuong said:

Pls have some comments. I am contemplating buying one.

These are digital data cables, anything beyond a well constructed cable like these from BlueJeanCable

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/data-cables/index.htm

would be a total and complete waste of money.

3 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

These are digital data cables, anything beyond a well constructed cable like these from BlueJeanCable

http://www.bluejeanscable.com/store/data-cables/index.htm

would be a total and complete waste of money.

Yes Sal and I would agree off the bat as I used Bluejean HDMI cabling for PS Audio 12s connection , a five dollar cable VS Audio society approved and award winning brand bull sh* t cabling costing hundreds .,.. It's just packets of information so how on earth is a Off the shelf USB printer cable differ from Curious Cable or any other USB cable?

I would sooner spend under $10.00 for a wire because I understand it's just packets of digital information and nothing else . Well I was fully prepared to return Curious Cable even before I took delivery of it however it didn't turn out that way . 

7 hours ago, Wizzer said:

Yes Sal and I would agree off the bat as I used Bluejean HDMI cabling for PS Audio 12s connection , a five dollar cable VS Audio society approved and award winning brand bull sh* t cabling costing hundreds .,.. It's just packets of information so how on earth is a Off the shelf USB printer cable differ from Curious Cable or any other USB cable?

I would sooner spend under $10.00 for a wire because I understand it's just packets of digital information and nothing else . Well I was fully prepared to return Curious Cable even before I took delivery of it however it didn't turn out that way . 

So you decided they were pretty and paid the $400 regardless of the sudo-science rip off marketing? :)

2 hours ago, Sal1950 said:

So you decided they were pretty and paid the $400 regardless of the sudo-science rip off marketing? :)

Is it necessary to insult one's choices? I guess so...

DALI Epicon 2; SVS SB 13 Ultra; Primaluna Premium Dialogue HP integrated amp; Esoteric K-03; VPI Scout 1.1/Ortofon 2M Black; Audeze LCD-XC phones; JRiver MC22

12 hours ago, Wizzer said:

Well I was fully prepared to return Curious Cable even before I took delivery of it however it didn't turn out that way . 

Amazing how Expectation Bias can have a powerful influence on realities perception isn't it?

Now are you guys happier with a more PC reply??? ;)

She would not be pleased then to hear that the necklace was very inexpensive...  30cm silver Lavricables cost 35 EUR. I think this cable works nice in music setup. Better constructed than other cheap ones: "4 x 28AWG (0.33mm) 6N solid silver wires in oversized PTFE Teflon insulation".

9 hours ago, Tokobjork said:

She would not be pleased then to hear that the necklace was very inexpensive...  30cm silver Lavricables cost 35 EUR. I think this cable works nice in music setup. Better constructed than other cheap ones: "4 x 28AWG (0.33mm) 6N solid silver wires in oversized PTFE Teflon insulation".

There is an in-depth article in Psychology Today about poofs like Sal1950 , just pay no attention to this angry childish ,.....man?