A new LP that I just got - Anderson East - Maybe We Never Die. It is a fantastic R&B LP and sounds amazing.

Screenshot_20210923-130732_Orange_Squeeze[1].jpg

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

10 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Good to know. 

It's also on Qobuz.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

54 minutes ago, JoeWhip said:

The album is there but I could not find the flat master tape transfer on the download store.

Yes, there are versions of it available, apparently not that one. That's why the previous comment that it's not available. There are theoretically SACD versions which may be the same. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

This is one of the albums I added to my collection because it was given to me by someone for my Bday and I don't want them to not see it there if they ever happen to be handed the iPad... That said, this is not my favorite album of hers. The best song on the album is her cover of Black Hole Sun. This album is quite jarring at times and Norah is not at her best. The band behind her is pretty good but at times it didn't sound like they were playing together. Perhaps they were trying for too modern of a modern jazz sound for me.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 10.01.05 PM.png

No electron left behind.

23 hours ago, austinpop said:

Today I may have found one that gives MTT/SFS a run for it’s money. It’s the Abbado/CSO. Not only is it a wonderful interpretation and performance, the recording quality is sumptuous!

Hi Rajiv,

what do you think of the Abbado/BP recording? (I never heard the Abbado/CSO recording, but I'm familiar with the MTT-recording, and the Abbado/BP).

Happy listening!

On 9/25/2021 at 2:32 AM, Musicophile said:

New on Qobuz. 

AACCFF0C-C4C3-4BA2-A8F0-7C63548E200B.jpeg

As marvelous as the performance is on this album, is anybody other than me a bit disappointed with the SQ? Piano to me sounds constricted, like it's in a box. Bass is  a bit lumpy and flabby; just a bit. I don't think it is POOR sound quality, just sort of below the level I might have expected.  I am listening to the 24/96 version on Qobuz.