19 Ol' Man River (Smoke a Little Tea) by Cootie Williams & His Rug Cutters

20 Jack I'm Mellow by Trixie Smith

21 Weed by Bea Foote

22 All the Jive Is Gone by Andy Kirk And His Twelve Clouds Of Joy

23 Killin' Jive by The Cats & The Fiddle

24 Marijuana, The Devil's Flower by Mr. Sunshine

25 Pot Hound Blues by Lucille Bogan

2 hours ago, Musicophile said:

Yet another album I'll have to buy a 2nd time. How does it sound?

LOL, I had the 24/96, which I believe was from old HDTracks, but I no longer see that one anywhere.

Very clear, but a little on the hard side.  Didn't have a chance to compare it with the DG 24/192 version yet though.  Looks like Warner didn't want to be outdone.

6 hours ago, Darryl R said:

LOL, I had the 24/96, which I believe was from old HDTracks, but I no longer see that one anywhere.

Very clear, but a little on the hard side.  Didn't have a chance to compare it with the DG 24/192 version yet though.  Looks like Warner didn't want to be outdone.

Darryl R, you please have to update me, which DG version are you talking about?

I have the "old" 24/96, then the EMI Japan DSD and now the new 24/192. Pure technically they are very similar, the 192 is louder (not much) and dynamics on the DSD and 192kHz are a DR11, where the 96kHz is a DR10.

Soundwise the 96kHz and the DSD are near identical with the DSD probably being better. The new 192kHz is not too far apart, it is bigger, nearer to the piano, more intimate. We can discuss, what is better, I do not know the recording location.

From my perspective, all three are really enjoyable and theoretically one in the collection "would be" sufficient 😉

The 24/192 is really good.

20 hours ago, Darryl R said:

Hi EuroChamp,

The DG is the 1967 München recording we were noting here a week or so ago, also just out in 24/192.  I agree with you that the 1965 EMI (London) 24/192 has a very big sound.  Now just listening to the two back to back, I prefer the sound on the new EMI.  It's not just louder, but there seems to be more depth and fullness to the instrument.  No need to get the new DG unless you want the other Scherzo and Polonaises.  Either one is great though, and I'm keeping both ;)

EDIT: as if that weren't enough, I should take time to compare this one too (it has No. 2 from '74 & No. 3):

Folder.jpg

Many, many thanks - now I get the point: We are talking about two different recording, yours is the 1974 version while I was always talking about the famous and legendary 1965 London studio recording. But I reminds me, I am missing your recommendation in my collection. 😎 Let's see where I can get that Esoteric disc.

4 hours ago, EuroChamp said:

Many, many thanks - now I get the point: We are talking about two different recording, yours is the 1974 version while I was always talking about the famous and legendary 1965 London studio recording. But I reminds me, I am missing your recommendation in my collection. 😎 Let's see where I can get that Esoteric disc.

Actually, on DG No. 3 is 1967 and No. 2 is 1974.