47 minutes ago, Musicophile said:

One of my first five high-res download I ever bought from Qobuz, back in 2012. Can't believe it's now been nearly 10 years I've been buying high-res stuff. Does anybody remember when you purchased your last CD?

The album is still excellent. 24/96.

3149020210024_600.jpg

I have continued to buy some that are not available for DL, or that the quality of the DL does not satisfy me. As for Hi Rez I have my doubts, some turn out to be upsampling and I prefer my DAC to do it. Qobuz is very credible to me and I don't have Roon.

Roch

7 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I had no idea Maya Rudolph's mother was so talented! I love this album!

Screen Shot 2021-03-15 at 9.44.48 AM.png

Oh yeah, that got massive airplay on "progressive rock" stations back in the day. Very well known.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

It came out the year before I was born me hadn’t heard of it until yesterday. So many good gems waiting to be heard. 

Sorry, wasn't trying to say you should have known of it. Just trying to say it was very well known back in the 70's. I guess since she died young and didn't make a lot more music, memory of her faded. 

If she can be rediscovered, even through her daughter, it's a good thing. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

5 minutes ago, firedog said:

Sorry, wasn't trying to say you should have known of it. Just trying to say it was very well known back in the 70's. I guess since she died young and didn't make a lot more music, memory of her faded. 

If she can be rediscovered, even through her daughter, it's a good thing. 

Knew the signature song, back then - but was completely unaware of her, as the singer. Which was easy to do ... there was so much interesting music happening then; full time occupation keeping up with it, 🙂.