Decades of pop hits, many remastered well at 16/44.  IMO Daryl Hall is the greatest pop singer of my generation.  His harmonies and arrangements defined the "Rock 'n Soul" "Philly Sound" of the 1970s and 80s.

813dHvGiZpL._SL1500_.jpg

These guys could sing everything.  I like the close of this live concert by the Statue of Liberty in 1985 with "Hot Fun in the Summertime" (starting at about 1:06:30).

Hall & Oates Liberty Concert 1985 New York High Quality Complete Show - YouTube

2 hours ago, Darryl R said:

Decades of pop hits, many remastered well at 16/44.  IMO Daryl Hall is the greatest pop singer of my generation.  His harmonies and arrangements defined the "Rock 'n Soul" "Philly Sound" of the 1970s and 80s.

813dHvGiZpL._SL1500_.jpg

These guys could sing everything.  I like the close of this live concert by the Statue of Liberty in 1985 with "Hot Fun in the Summertime" (starting at about 1:06:30).

Hall & Oates Liberty Concert 1985 New York High Quality Complete Show - YouTube

Just finished Bill Schnee’s book and he has some great things to say about H & O as well. 

Founder of Audiophile Style | My Audio Systems AudiophileStyleStickerWhite2.0.png AudiophileStyleStickerWhite7.1.4.png

Ray LaMontagne - Till The Sun Turns Black - Amazon.com Music

This album is quite a journey, especially on my wonderful RAAL setup.  Yes, the album is quite produced, but it's a great listen.  I hadn't played it in awhile.  Roon (redbook)->HQplayer(352.8k)->Singzer SU-1->Holo Spring KTE->Schitt Jot-R->RAAL SP1a earspeakers->my brain+soul  :)

On 3/7/2021 at 10:08 PM, kumakuma said:

Is this album any good? 👺

Forget it, the themes sound like written by a 7yo. Also the trumpeter is not brilliant, he's far from brilliant.

3 hours ago, Musicophile said:

And the band didn't have time to practice together

Definitely the case!

I also hate the way it sounds - reverbs seem to be coming from a bathroom or something..