image.thumb.png.beba107138a98f3adb33938a48d80aac.png

Danny Elfman's Violin Concerto and Piano Quartet.

Current:  Daphile on an AMD A10-9500 with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Amplification - Benchmark AHB2 amplifier

Speakers - Revel M126Be with 2 REL 7/ti subwoofers

Cables - Tara Labs RSC Reference and Blue Jean Cable Balanced Interconnects

8 minutes ago, botrytis said:

Danny Elfman's Violin Concerto and Piano Quartet.

Love his stuff, from Oingo Boingo to the movie scores.  Saw him / OB in a good sized club in Santa Fe NM.  Had to be late 80s or real early 90s.  Full band of around 10, horn section, percussionist.  Unbelievably tight! And loud!

1 minute ago, Solstice380 said:

Love his stuff, from Oingo Boingo to the movie scores.

It is very much Danny Elfman - It sounds like an amalgamation of all the movie scores he has wrote all jumbled up in a good way.

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

4 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

Fine set) Even though I'd prefer any set from seventies... 😉

Agree, 100%!  I started going to shows in the mid-70s and stopped in the late 80s.  I have this and the Other Ones, as well as the other available shows from 90-95.  They’re just not the same as, say, Venetia OR from ‘72, or the awesome stuff from ‘74.  

A couple years ago my wife and I went to see Dead & Co.  The band is very tight with Oteil and the boys, but, John Mayer doesn’t do it for me in any way, shape or form.  Not to mention the crowd these days isn’t the same... me, either, I guess.  If I didn’t have 35 years of Jerry I may feel differently, but still wouldn’t like Mayer’s voice/singing.  

1 hour ago, Solstice380 said:

Agree, 100%!  I started going to shows in the mid-70s and stopped in the late 80s.  I have this and the Other Ones, as well as the other available shows from 90-95.  They’re just not the same as, say, Venetia OR from ‘72, or the awesome stuff from ‘74.  

A couple years ago my wife and I went to see Dead & Co.  The band is very tight with Oteil and the boys, but, John Mayer doesn’t do it for me in any way, shape or form.  Not to mention the crowd these days isn’t the same... me, either, I guess.  If I didn’t have 35 years of Jerry I may feel differently, but still wouldn’t like Mayer’s voice/singing.  

Never saw Dead alive as I lived on the other side of iron curtain. Still, I have an absolutely abnormal-sized collection of recordings, including almost everything official + thousands of hours of tapers materials. Every period has its merits, but taking everything else into account, the favorite years are 77, 76, 74, 73, 78, 79...

6 minutes ago, botrytis said:

So, if people want Grateful Dead live recordings....

https://archive.org/details/GratefulDead

Well known for live music from maaaaany great artists.  I’ve found good Allman Brothers, Stones, Hot Tuna, etc.  One of the few sites (of any nature) to which I donate.

I am not a dead head just thought to share is all :D

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

image.thumb.png.acc105cf54f9c3d9b540bd757f095be5.png

Morning music. I get to listen for one more day then it is off for a month of science consulting.....

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Rotel RC-1590

Discovered this album a few days ago.

Volumio users might be interested in the hacked playback view which I made, which allows for much larger album art. Compare with screen shot in previous post :)

Screenshot 2021-03-03 at 16.53.56.jpg

Volumio (with PEQ) on RPi4, Khadas Tone Board DAC, Luxman L-230 amp, Rega RS5 speakers