7 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

You don't think there are potential physical differences in the brain, for example, that can explain the awesome talents he displayed in music?

There were examples of hip hop fans who began their interest in eg classical music after a heart transplant in which the donor was a classical music lover. 

We are not only brains. And not only brains and hearts.. Maybe I will stop here.. x-D

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

10 hours ago, AnotherSpin said:

People are not their brains. You mean changeable, I mean substantive. 

What is the brain and any potential physical differences in it if not substantive? Physical differences in the human brain can explain a lot of human behaviors.

No electron left behind...

3 hours ago, sphinxsix said:

There were examples of hip hop fans who began their interest in eg classical music after a heart transplant in which the donor was a classical music lover. 

We are not only brains. And not only brains and hearts.. Maybe I will stop here.. x-D

Those situations likely have nothing to do with the heart being transplanted. Something in the process of such major surgery simply cleared the previously existing mental short circuit that had somehow allowed them to enjoy hip hop, instead of actual music! :)

1 minute ago, TubeLover said:

Those situation likely have nothing to do with the heart transplant. Something in the process of such major surgery simply cleared the previously existing mental short circuit that had somehow allowed them to enjoy hip hop, instead of actual music! :)

How do you know that, neuroscience doesn't know that much about our brains yet, maybe simply we know even less about our hearts.?

9 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

I think you missed the fact that I was half joking!

JC

Oh, my usual brilliance was momentarily missing - I was just in the midst of writing a quite serious comment, probably that's why I didn't get this was a joke!

Yo! 9_9

Saw this group at the Crypt at St. Martins in London in February in the next to last live event I have seen since before Covid. Great show. Grabbed this CD from TJ after the show. A little loud but sounds great. The tenor guy is fantastic.

image.jpeg.232691d0546d3e026115b7db7ab96a4c.jpeg