9 hours ago, rando said:

@pdvm Please suggest a recording of this composition you would rate highly*.  

Went from thrilled at seeing Bottesini, to noticing it was a competition (dry technical perfection), back to enjoyment.  A few concerns per her stature imposing physical limitations did crop up in technical sections [03:22].  As a student her technique is quite impressive and unique.  Excels and only rarely falls to the level of overcoming when listening with ears instead of eyes. 

Thank you (a second time) for posting this.

*Loose request, far from complaint or insistence. 

Good question. Bottesini is often recorded with piano accompaniment, but I prefer the full treatment.

I guess the CPO album with Furtok and the RSO Frankfurt is my favourite (excellent recording quality too).

As for Mikyung Sung: there is a singing-like quality in her tone, and an intensity in her vibrato, that touches me more than most recordings.

1 hour ago, pdvm said:

Good question. Bottesini is often recorded with piano accompaniment, but I prefer the full treatment.

I do as well. 

New works written for MS in this form would be equally welcome.  40% capacity audiences (and stages) could favor this type of arrangement sonically.

Everybody's listening to great music today, is it the influence of spring in the air.? :)

17 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Check out Omar Hakim's drumming (from about 5:40 onward) on track #3 "Giorgio by Moroder." That song tells the story of a pioneering producer that is worth checking out.   

I was listening to this album while preparing my dinner, I must admit that since I was a kid during disco times I still have affection for Giorgio Moroder's and similar sound in dance music. 

Since everyone's listening today to 61Uxg-SWExL._SL1500_.jpg I'll try to find something else later, possibly some real bad music.. x-D