5 hours ago, Norton said:

It's very good, IMO. Both performance and recording. Also available in the original DSD 256 (and other rates) at nativedsd.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

14 minutes ago, EuroChamp said:

I am really curious. Hopefully later today I have the time for it.

Is DSD256 native - or is it DXD?

Acc'd to the booklet, it was recorded and post produced in 256.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Two more albums for tonight: Madrigals by Gesualdo.

I listened to the second album (Books 3 and 4) first, when it showed up in Qobuz new releases. I liked what I heard so much I found the first (Books 1 and 2).

Dramatic and conversational choral works. The liner notes connect the works to the later developments of opera, and at least the way these singers present the works, I think it makes the case.

FCEB24E8-8604-407B-B499-36CA1AE33DD0.thumb.jpeg.21fafe12f64adba1f7b946f0e40caa8d.jpeg

1A13DCDE-22EF-4115-8EDE-4A8EC3A62B50.thumb.jpeg.4916936888a0b89f1a977dd8955018fe.jpeg