9 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

Great fun to listen to the almost preternatural virtuosity of recorder soloist Maurice Steger on these Vivaldi concerti. How does he do it?! It's not just a speed test, as the virtuosity serves rather than obscures the music, and he can play long notes, too. That said, the quick tempi on some of these might raise an eyebrow.

92EE918B-011D-40F2-9393-798D94670710.thumb.jpeg.3eddee1be441a3daaa4905e7a0188afb.jpeg

Fasolis has a tendency of ultra high speed also for some of this other albums. 

Very good album. Very good recording.

tb.jpg.e56b88e2a955530f7de0153b22e8ce01.jpg

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Matthew Halsall day.. The second album is probably my favorite one of this musician, highly recommended if someone doesn't know it (16-44, 24-96).

Into Forever | Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra | Matthew Halsall

1200x1200.jpg

On 1/3/2021 at 7:49 AM, AudioDoctor said:

Hi, my name is Jason and I am addicted to Diana Krall...

Hi Jason, is this your only addiction or maybe you have a thing for some other long-legged blondes or brunettes.? ;)

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

1 hour ago, sphinxsix said:

Matthew Halsall day.. The second album is probably my favorite one of this musician, highly recommended if someone doesn't know it (16-44, 24-96).

Into Forever | Matthew Halsall & The Gondwana Orchestra | Matthew Halsall

1200x1200.jpg

Hi Jason, is this your only addiction or maybe you have a thing for some other long-legged blondes or brunettes.? ;)

I do, she's my Significant Other...  ;-)

No electron left behind...

Actually a great new throw back LP.

Screenshot_20210105-113843_Gizmo (1).jpg

Current:  JRiver 26 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an AMD A10-5700 with 8 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Amplification - Audio Research SP-16 > Pioneer M-22 - Bow Technologies Wazoo Integrated (great amp - silly name)

Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage - KEF LS50 - Revel M126Be - others......

Cables: Tara Labs RCS Reference speaker cables and DiMarzio Interconnects

On 1/3/2021 at 9:05 PM, AudioDoctor said:

I don't know why I haven't purchased this great recording yet, but thankfully that is an oversight I can fix immediately.

Screenshot_20210103_230336.png

Thanks so much for this. This album flew completely under my radar when it was released, primarily because it wasn’t made available on ProStudioMasters and HDtracks, my main go-to sites for new hi-res releases. It’s still not available on those sites, but I downloaded it via Qobuz (for a very good price). Just played the first two sonatas, and they were superb!

MacBook Pro (early 2011, 16MB RAM, OS X High Sierra) > Audirvana Plus  > Pangea Audio USB-AG > Sony TA-ZH1ES > Nordost Heimdall 2 > Audeze LCD-3