9 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

The best sounding version of this album yet.  24/192 and an immediate purchase from Qobuz.

Screenshot_20201227_170907.png

And another one where the hi-res download sounds different (better) than the streamed version. Both Qobuz.  Would like to hear the SACD of this at some point. That's the format the edition was actually mastered in.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

4 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Listening to a friends needle drop tonight! Love Over Gold, Dire Straits.

Screenshot_20201228_190316.png

One can never go wrong with anything the brilliant Mark Knopfler is musically involved in. Well, okay, maybe his one failed solo album, Shangri La. There are, at best, two cuts that even belong in his catalog on that album, and one is about his shoes! The only album in his entire musical career that I never need to hear again.

JC 

19 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

One can never go wrong with anything the brilliant Mark Knopfler is musically involved in. Well, okay, maybe his one failed solo album, Shangri La. There are, at best, two cuts that even belong in his catalog on that album, and one is about his shoes! The only album in his entire musical career that I never need to hear again.

JC 

I think Shangri-La is the one I gave up on after listening to a few tracks.

No electron left behind...

4 minutes ago, TubeLover said:

You have always been a man of taste. I gave away the SACD after one listening. 

JC

I checked and it isn't in my Roon library, so that's a positive. Oftentimes people get me a CD as a gift because they know I like music, but have no idea what to get me. To prevent any awkwardness when they are here visiting I add them all to my Roon Library, regardless of how good or bad they are.

21 hours ago, firedog said:

And another one where the hi-res download sounds different (better) than the streamed version. Both Qobuz.  Would like to hear the SACD of this at some point. That's the format the edition was actually mastered in.

I'll have to listen to the download soon and compare the two. Is it a case of the local version sounding better because I do find that to be the case pretty much across the board regardless of resolution.

6 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

On a Petrouchka kick, and I like this one with Paavo Jarvi/Cincinnati even better than the Chailly/Royal Concertgebouw I posted here yesterday. And the SQ is excellent, too. I think this is from the repertoire that is the perfect match for the huge Telarc sound (not to disrespect Decca on the Chailly recording, which is also excellent sounding).

11A444E9-09A1-4DAE-9C88-D7FAC4869A13.thumb.jpeg.6de98a48c61971333442e682b4519fc9.jpeg

Vaclav Nijinsky, the inimitable, one-of-a-kind dancer on the cover with Stravinsky. As for the sound, you could also try and compare with David Zinman's version with the Baltimore Symphony Orchestra, again on Telarc.