SathimaBenjamin-AMorninginParis.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Milt Jackson Sextet: Invitation MSFL Hybrid SACD, XLD conversion to AIFF. Exquisite SQ, Sound stage, instrument placement. Highly recommended.

Milt Jackson Invitation.jpg

Bill Evans: Waltz For Debby SHM-SACD. Simply the best I have heard. I have five versions.

Bill Evans Waltz For Debby SHM-SACD.jpg

Herbie Hancock: Gershwin's World Hybrid SACD Verve, M.ch. Great cast. Wonderful renditions of the Gershwin music standards. Grammy Award Winner for Best Jazz Instrumental Performance, Individual or Group.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Herbie Hancock Gershwin's World.jpg

Skinny Puppy - The Process. This album is dynamic and like all Skinny Puppy albums has a weight to it that is hard to find anywhere else. If feels like a dark rain cloud has just settled over the room.

The Process.jpg

Main / Office: Home built computer -> Roon Core (Tidal & FLAC) -> Wireless -> Matrix Audio Mini-i Pro 3 -> Dan Clark Audio AEON 2 Noire (On order)

Portable / Travel: iPhone 12 Pro Max -> ALAC or Tidal -> iFi Hip Dac -> Meze 99 Classics or Meze Rai Solo

Blind Faith: Blind Faith (Deluxe Edition) [Original Recording Remastered]. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Worth keeping the faith. Stevie Winwood (once snubbed by Eric Clapton) Clapton eventually reunited twice with fabulous performances (in concert) with public apologies from Eric. Touching moments for two great artists whom I love to listen to.

Blind Faith.jpg

Billy Joel: Billy Joel - Greatest Hits Vol. 3. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Uneven in SQ but still extremely enjoyable. Been a while for me.

Bill Joel Greatest Hits Vol 3.jpg

Diana Krall: When I Look in Your Eyes. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent redbook CD/SQ.

10.8.1 update has not made a difference for me either way. Enjoying the music,

Richard

Diana Krall When I look in your eyes.jpg

Anoushka Shankar:

Rise

If you like this kind of hybrid electronica/world music, you will like this...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Repeat play: A Price Above Rubies . OST. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Just superb scoring for the movie by Lesley Barber.

Lesley Barber A Price Above Rubies.jpg

Vivaldi: Vivaldi: Four Seasons. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Though highly rated album in stereophile, I am not able to detect what made it so. Sounds muddled and high strung (pun intended)

Vivaldi Elizabeth Blumenstock The Four Seasons.jpg

Joni Mitchell: Tribute to Joni Mitchell. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent redbook CD/SQ/performances. Highly recommended.

Joni Mitchell Tribute To.jpg

Jen Chapin: Revisions: The Songs of Stevie Wonder [Hybrid SACD - DSD]. XLD conversion to AIFF. The decision (an unfortunate choice for my sensibilities) to employ the same arrangement style repeatedly takes away from the enjoyment of obvious talented artists. Like scratching an itch till it bleeds. Selected track selections played.

Enjoying the music is the thing,

Richard

Jen Chapin revisions.jpg

Yes:

Fragile, 24/96 download form HDtracks

Close to the Edge, Rhino remaster-sounds like CTHE could use a high res (or MoFi) re-master. The Fragile remaster at 24/96 is way superioir in SQ (as is Fragile in redbook from MoFi).

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

Burial-Untrue.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | dual Rythmik E15HP subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

LateNightTales-Air.jpg

61nIySArLWL.jpg

K. D. Lang - Recollection.

Filled with chart busting hits like Constant Craving, Smoke Rings, Crying and a great showcase for Lang's exceptional vocal prowess. The audio has been remastered and makes for a delightful evening listen.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Boris: Is that the BSO's Daphnis & Chole download? I have been wondering how good that version is. It appears you would recommend it, yes?

SONORE computer audio

Boris: Is that the BSO's Daphnis & Chole download? I have been wondering how good that version is. It appears you would recommend it, yes?

It's the same as the BSO download, although I bought it on SACD. I received this disc very recently and have so far listened to it only once, but I was very pleased with the performance and the recording quality (the stereo mix, I do not have multi-channel equipment). In my experience the sound was very natural, which is not often the case in Daphnis & Chloe with its delicate balance between the choir and the orchestra. I was stunned to hear applause at the end as I had not noticed that this was a live recording (even though it is written very clearly on the label). I should say that I was doing other things while listening, so perhaps there is some noise from the audience that I did not remark. But still, I don't understand how they got such clean sound on a live recording; it is even more difficult for me to believe that the concert was taking place outdoor at Tanglewood. I'll check the liner notes tonight to see if they have a bit more to say on this point. Anyway, even if I listened to it only once and rather casually, this is a recording that I feel comfortable recommending.