4 minutes ago, One and a half said:

Lera Lynn - On My Own

Touted as a career changing album, well, that's pretty close. Lera's pitch is very similar to Sara Bareilles, that's about it for commonality, very thoughtful and haunting album., one of those that draw you in. Production is spot on., very highly recommended.

One of those albums when ends is far too sudden.

DR10 bodes well, great image and depth across the sound stage, these guys did well with that. 

WTF Roon Radio, plays this album after On my own....?!

image.png.733ce1014d4d319d201601acdf5c8717.png

folder.jpg

I listened to this album the other day, I agree with your assessment!

No electron left behind.

1 hour ago, Priaptor said:

I have to say, some of the songs on this album are some of his best work in a long time and recorded as well or almost as well as (the song) The Ghost of Tom Joad while other selections leave me in wondering, WTF. However, overall, even accounting for the tracks I find a little too much for my likes, really good. 

Some of the songs are older, some are new, so that may account for part of the difference in recording quality/technology.

One never knows, do one? - Fats Waller

The fairest thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. - Einstein

Computer, Audirvana -> optical Ethernet to Fitlet3 -> Fibbr Alpha Optical USB -> iFi NEO iDSD DAC -> Apollon Audio 1ET400A Mini (Purifi based) -> Vandersteen 3A Signature.

1 hour ago, Priaptor said:

I have to say, some of the songs on this album are some of his best work in a long time and recorded as well or almost as well as (the song) The Ghost of Tom Joad while other selections leave me in wondering, WTF. However, overall, even accounting for the tracks I find a little too much for my likes, really good. 

Indeed, overall I like the albums where the artist already matured and is not totally going for money, but rather for music fun, enjoyment and sentiment in that case. Vinyl record is on the way BTW :-)

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

2 hours ago, Priaptor said:

I like this album but not quite as much as Western Stars, especially the film version.

Sometimes it's like someone took a knife, baby
Edgy and dull and cut a six inch valley
Through the middle of my skull

11 hours ago, Jud said:

Some of the songs are older, some are new, so that may account for part of the difference in recording quality/technology.

Jud,

While you are absolutely correct about some of the songs being older, there is no difference in recording. Bruce recorded the entire album, with the E Street Band, live, over a three day period. Other than a very rare overdub, nothing was changed from the actual live recordings. And, to me, the energy of this album captures some of Bruce's older, live performances vibe. I love the record! 

JC