Thanks. I'm with you, if I have something in redbook, I usually don't buy it again in 24/96 unless it is one of my absolute favorite albums. However, I don't have it yet, so I was wondering whether the sound quality of the recording is good enough so that hires can actually make a difference.

I'll probably give it a try.

Often a well-recorded redbook CD and the Hi-Res edition are so close to each other it's immaterial unless one does not want a jewel case to deal with. I favor SQ not packaging or labeling. Often 96/24 does not impress me, though I would love if it would. The packaging with redbook 2 CD is very decent. Often, though, I lean toward the redbook not finding the hoped-for difference in favor I would hope it there but really isn't there. In contrast, I played Wes Montgomery's A Day In The Life (SHM-SACD) to a friend who enjoys Montgomery, and he was so impressed he thought Montgomery was in the room. So my humble system can render a highly satisfying SQ when well tracks are well-recorded.

If you do decide on the redbook version of Sleeper, please let us know your assessment (repeating myself).

Best,

Richard

Artist: Bad Company

Album: Straight Shooter (AF 24 Karat Gold CD Rip)

SOURCES| Lindemann 825, Lindemann 820S ● MacBook Pro 2010 ◊ Audirvana Plus ● Acoustic Signature Storm ◊ SME IV ◊ Sumiko Blackbird

AMPS| Lindemann 830, Lindemann 858 ● Graham Slee Revelation

SPEAKERS| KEF Reference 205

SUB| REL Gibraltar G1

POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER| Nordost Thor

CABLING| Nordost: Valhalla XLR, Valhalla Speaker Cable + Valhalla Jumpers, Vishnu & Shiva ● Light Harmonic LightSpeed USB Cable Split Configuration ● Furutech: Lineflux XLR, Silver Arrows ● Oyaide Tunami GPX-R, Tunami GPX ● Klotz XLR to RCA

Oscar Peterson: Jazz 'Round midnight. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Simply wonderful. Produced by Norman Granz. Accompanied by Milt Jackson, Ray Brown, Ed Thigpen, Barney Kessel, Herb Ellis and others.

Oscar Peterson Jazz 'Round Midnight.jpg

Joe Pass: Virtuoso #2. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. He is.

Joe Pass Virtuoso 2.jpg

Oscar Peterson Trio with Milt Jackson: Very Tall. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Peterson withdrawals. Had to have another hit. Especially Green Dolphin Street.

Oscar Peterson Very Tall.jpg

Think I'll start a thread about, well, you'll see.

Enjoy the music,

Richard

ten years after.jpg

AF 24 Karat Gold CD XLD AIFF rip.

SOURCES| Lindemann 825, Lindemann 820S ● MacBook Pro 2010 ◊ Audirvana Plus ● Acoustic Signature Storm ◊ SME IV ◊ Sumiko Blackbird

SUB| REL Gibraltar G1

CABLING| Nordost: Valhalla XLR, Valhalla Speaker Cable + Valhalla Jumpers, Vishnu & Shiva ● Light Harmonic LightSpeed USB Cable Split Configuration ● Furutech: Lineflux XLR, Silver Arrows ● Oyaide Tunami GPX-R, Tunami GPX ● Klotz XLR to RCA

Joshua Redman: timeless tales (for changing times. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Great SQ. Great music selections. Great musicians!

Joshua Redman Timeless Tales for a.jpg

Joshua Redman: Wish. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent SQ. Musicians include Pat Metheny, Charlie Haden, Billy Higgins.

I often hear more from listening to more than one album by the same musician. As in watching a movie more than once and noticing things i missed the last viewing that pop out at me. it's the same with music, at least for me. And with different musicians in the mix, the difference in Joshua Redman's choices. More listening, less thinking.

Always enjoyment,

Richard

Joshua Redman Wish.jpg

Dead Can Dance - Anastasis

DCD- Anastasis.jpg

Speaker Room: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Pacific 2 | Viva Linea | Constellation Inspiration Stereo 1.0 | FinkTeam Kim | Revel subs  

Office Headphone System: Lumin U1X | Lampizator Golden Gate 3 | Viva Egoista | Abyss AB1266 Phi TC 

Pink Floyd: Wish You Were Here. Hybrid SACD conversion to AIFF. Excellent SQ.

Pink Floyd Wish You Were Here 2.jpg

Stevie Wonder: In The Key Of Life SHM-SACD 2-channel Single Layer SACD. Excellent SQ. Have not heard the DL version.

Stevie Wonder In The Key Of Life.jpg

Herbie Hancock: Possibilities. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Gifted arrangements. Terrific performances. Also available in DVD format.

Herbie Hancock Possibilities.jpg

Chopin, Martha Argerich:Frederick Chopin (1810 - 1849) Piano Sonata No. 3 in B Minor, Op. 583 Mazurkas, Op. 59. SHM-SACD. Night cap for the evening.

Excellent evening of massage, music and magic.

Best,

Richard

Martha Argerich Chopin Sonata 3.jpg

album-very-best-of-jimmy-somerville-bronski-beat-and-the-communards.jpg

Jimmy Somerville - The Very Best Of Jimmy Somerville, Bronski Beat And The Communards

Contains all the hits from Bronski Beat and The Communards as well as the solo works of Jimmy Somerville.

Best known for the huge hit Smalltown Boy.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

The Beatles: Anthology 1 Disc 1; Anthology 2 Disc 2; Anthology 3 Disc 2. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Much better SQ played through my present system than pre 2011 through a less system. Better SQ, higher enjoyment factor. The best experience yet.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Beatles Anthology 3.jpg

Beatles Anthology 1.jpg

Beatles Anthology 2.jpg

Mel Tormé: Mel Tormé and Friends Recorded At Marty's In New York City XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Sounds better the third time. Selected tracks played.

Mel Torme and Friends at Martys.jpg

Sarah Vaughan: The Complete Roulette Sarah Vaughan Studio Sessions Disc 2/8. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Superb and stopped counting. Selected tracks played.

Sarah Vaughn Complete Box Set.jpg

Johnny Hartman: The Voice That Is [import, Limited Edition]. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Highly under-rated. Selected tracks played. Arrangements are superb! SQ Excellent.

Johnny Hartman The Voice That Is.jpg

Sam Cooke: Portrait of a Legend 1951-1964 88.2/24 HDtracks DL. XLD conversion to AIFF. Selected Tracks. Uneven in SQ. Still...Selected tracks played

Sam Cooke Legend.jpg

Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau: Schubert:Winterreise D.911 [import]. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Excellent all around. Fitting end of the evening encore!

Dietrich Fischer-Dieskau Schubert.jpg

Excellent night of music and soothing massage. Let out George Harrison and Wesla Whitfield.

Richard

beck.jpg

MoFi 24kt Gold UDCD - XLD aiff rip

SUB| REL Gibraltar G1

The Pat Metheny Group:

Imaginary Day

It's (a) Suite!

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio