1 hour ago, WAM said:

Bandcamp Friday, so, why not?

For others who may be interested in the album, you might want to add artist's name in text for album covers that don't include it, i.e. Gillian Welch & David Rawlings.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

On 9/30/2020 at 7:55 PM, Kal Rubinson said:

Yes, that is only one reason to disqualify the Currentzis.  OTOH, there are many excellent recordings of this from the reference (if that's possible) Mavrinsky to the massive Honeck (in multichannel DSD256).  

A late comment,

Honeck’s Beethoven 7th symphony with Pittsburg Symphony Orchestra is even more massive in NativeDSD’s upsampled 512 stereo version. Recently Tom Caulfield remastered it using HQPlayer Pro’s ASDM7EC filters and it’s quite something else when played through a NOS system.

And another thumbs up for Berliner’s debut recording Tchaikovsky 6th symphony for their own label. One of my test recordings for soundstage. Curious to try their Beethoven’s 7th.

1 hour ago, flkin said:

A late comment,

Honeck’s Beethoven 7th symphony with Pittsburg Symphony Orchestra is even more massive in NativeDSD’s upsampled 512 stereo version. Recently Tom Caulfield remastered it using HQPlayer Pro’s ASDM7EC filters and it’s quite something else when played through a NOS system.

And another thumbs up for Berliner’s debut recording Tchaikovsky 6th symphony for their own label. One of my test recordings for soundstage. Curious to try their Beethoven’s 7th.

It may work as a test recording as well. My comment was about something else. 

17 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

An unusual and enjoyable recording of a mother and son duo playing jazz and classical pieces on violin and bass. I admit I wasn't optimistic based on the somewhat cheesy album cover, but was proved quite wrong; give it a shot! Streaming on Qobuz.

D238C40E-F21C-4A82-BF7C-342D1CE2AE88.thumb.jpeg.39b28e41b23e13b3c5f9009cab11ed08.jpeg

Didn't know she'd had a kid with Claudio. 😇

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

On 10/2/2020 at 3:51 PM, WAM said:

You are right, I'm being sloppy, sorry.

No need for an apology. It was an unintended omission that I am sure will not be repeated.

"Relax, it's only hi-fi. There's never been a hi-fi emergency." - Roy Hall

"Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." - William Bruce Cameron

On 10/3/2020 at 11:32 AM, Musicophile said:

Streaming from Qobuz, just released. I already liked the original Ella in Berlin with Oscar Peterson, this is also very enjoyable Ella, even if the different rhythm section here doesn’t live up fully to the Peterson trio.  

86F44CD7-BF81-42B9-8ECC-ACB631AFD9AF.jpeg

Great album!  I had forgotten how she used to sound.  Wow.  Thanks,

Mke

On 10/4/2020 at 5:44 PM, jiminlogansquare said:

An unusual and enjoyable recording of a mother and son duo playing jazz and classical pieces on violin and bass. I admit I wasn't optimistic based on the somewhat cheesy album cover, but was proved quite wrong; give it a shot! Streaming on Qobuz.

D238C40E-F21C-4A82-BF7C-342D1CE2AE88.thumb.jpeg.39b28e41b23e13b3c5f9009cab11ed08.jpeg

Been listening to this for a year.  It was in pre-release and then pulled back twice I believe.