On 8/8/2020 at 11:21 PM, jiminlogansquare said:

Wow. Talk about truth in labeling! My cup runneth over here. More than 20 hours cherry picked from decades of Vienna Phil on DG, streaming on Qobuz.

743A5056-721C-45EB-942B-6EE02D608D14.thumb.jpeg.1cb5e5647e103467ca1017ee77f9943d.jpeg

I wanted to follow up on this post, because I've now finished listening to the whole set, and my enthusiasm is if anything greater than when I first started ... but there is one minor issue with the recording that I need to point out. The final piece - Bernstein conducting Mahler 5 - includes only the first movement, at least streaming on Qobuz. So fair warning, Mahler mavens and Lenny lovers.

A very interesting album, more like a chamber pop with all acoustic instruments (piano, double bass, violins, viola, cello, "singing saw" and vocals). Album (debut album) has the same name as the musician: Zazuka. 2 orchestral pieces, 3 English, 3 Arabic and 1 Turkish, but think about the language and vocals just as an instrument. Production is very good.
Zazuka on Apple Music

12 hours ago, jiminlogansquare said:

What a performance, live at Ronnie Scott's in 1993, and the clarity, precise imaging and soundstage presentation of this recording add to the "you are there" feeling. (Or "you are somewhere" that sounds real; never been to Ronnie Scott's and can't say for sure this recording nails the actual sound of the room, but you get my drift.)

D0B31FE6-B576-4789-A1A8-849051B640C7.thumb.jpeg.3a45e0ce437922e588e1b956f8b523be.jpeg

Thanks. Nice find. Very good for those who like modernish- "post  bop". And yes, very good sound "you are right at the stage" perspective.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

2 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

The Melody Gardot EP is still on the UK Qobuz which is where I downloaded it from in AIFF 16/44.1.

It's also on the French store. Just bought it for €5.99. Very nice indeed.

https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/live-from-soho-melody-gardot/0060252702738

Alain Perez is best known to be the bass player of the great Paco de Lucia. Besides being the great bass player he is, he has been releasing solo project albums since before Paco passed away. His latest album especially, is in every way a great: Production, arrangements, excellent musicianship, and most importantly it keeps me tapping non-stop no matter how many times I hear it. It is a bass player's album - you hear it, and you feel it. And it is a lot of fun! Album is in every way top notch!

El cuento de la buena pipa by Alain Pérez on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

Qobuz: https://www.qobuz.com/de-de/album/el-cuento-de-la-buena-pipa-alain-perez/j5j4em9us7s7b