Richard, I also have that Beatles album. It is fun to listen to!

In 5.1 surround it also works well. George Martin and his son Giles produced a wonderful experience/compilation. I used to play the surround tracks through my Ht system, but now I am content to listen to it in 2 channel with the voices very clear, the music is immersive as much as 2channel can and kind of a magical mystery tour.

As the Beatles will sing, sleep tight, and heal well.

Richard

PS Have all her albums including the one you played tonight. Excellent!

In 5.1 surround it also works well. George Martin and his son Giles produced a wonderful experience/compilation. I used to play the surround tracks through my Ht system, but now I am content to listen to it in 2 channel with the voices very clear, the music is immersive as much as 2channel can and kind of a magical mystery tour.

As the Beatles will sing, sleep tight, and heal well.

Richard

PS Have all her albums including the one you played tonight. Excellent!

I love Diana Krall. Quite an amazing talent she is. In fact we really are lucky to have so many talented women singing jazzy tunes these days. Besides Diana there is Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson, Jane Monheit, Patricia Barber, Stacey Kent, and on and on.

edit: I also have all Diana Kralls albums, even her Christmas album, and I hear she is about to release a new one soon. There is a single available on iTunes right now. It is a bit more bluesy than her previous albums.

No electron left behind...

I love Diana Krall. Quite an amazing talent she is. In fact we really are lucky to have so many talented women singing jazzy tunes these days. Besides Diana there is Melody Gardot, Cassandra Wilson, Jane Monheit, Patricia Barber, Stacey Kent, and on and on.

edit: I also have all Diana Kralls albums, even her Christmas album, and I hear she is about to release a new one soon. There is a single available on iTunes right now. It is a bit more bluesy than her previous albums.

It seems I have about 15 of her albums. Was 14 until a few moments ago, thanks to your notice of her impending new album and I clicked on Diana Krall: Glad Rag Doll at Amazon. Out in beginning of October. The 14 includes the Christmas album. Oh and several DVDs which I don't seem to watch preferring to listen to 2 channel. She also makes guests appearances/or recordings with the likes of her favorite guitar player Anthony Wilson. Sings with Ray Charles and a few other duets. Tony Bennett? Don't remember. I thought she and her husband were going to make an album but I may have imagined that, or did I?

Best,

Richard

Diana Krall Glad Rag Doll.jpg

It seems I have about 15 of her albums. Was 14 until a few moments ago, thanks to your notice of her impending new album and I clicked on Diana Krall: Glad Rag Doll at Amazon. Out in beginning of October. The 14 includes the Christmas album. Oh and several DVDs which I don't seem to watch preferring to listen to 2 channel. She also makes guests appearances/or recordings with the likes of her favorite guitar player Anthony Wilson. Sings with Ray Charles and a few other duets. Tony Bennett? Don't remember. I thought she and her husband were going to make an album but I may have imagined that, or did I?

Best,

Richard

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1433[/ATTACH]

I have several of her performance DVDs as well sometimes they are fun to watch/listen to. She has done some duets and collaborations, Ray Charles I know for sure on a tribute to Ray Charles album I bought at Starbucks many years ago. She is also on a tribute to Ella Fitzgerald CD titled Ella Ella Ella, which I also have. I also heard she was supposed to be doing an album with her husband, Elvis Costello. I wonder what came of that...

The tribute to Ella Fitzgerald is titled, We All Love Ella: Celebrating The First Lady Of Song. Not Ella Ella Ella as I said above.

The tribute to Ella Fitzgerald is titled, We All Love Ella: Celebrating The First Lady Of Song. Not Ella Ella Ella as I said above.

Yes, I have both the CD version and the DVD version purchased direct from PBS in 2007. The superb performances by the very best song stylist/voices in the business (with some missing of course) are just great.

Richard

Ella Fitzgerald DVD We Love Ella.jpg

Ella Fitzgerald We All Love Ella 1.jpg

I also have all Diana Kralls albums, even her Christmas album, and I hear she is about to release a new one soon. There is a single available on iTunes right now. It is a bit more bluesy than her previous albums.

This is big news. She's a national icon up her in the frozen north.

BTW, HDTracks has a sample cut from her new album available for purchase.

Everything matters... when brewing coffee.

Elton John: Elton John Love Songs. Limited Edition K2 HD Mastering Japanese Import CD! 24-Bit/100kHz Mastering. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Just gorgeous in every category. Elton's in the room with me.

Elton John Love Songs.jpg

Replay (many times) The Classical Jazz Quartet: The Classical Jazz Quartet Play Tchaikovsky XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. The best I have heard.

The Classical Jazz Quartet Tchiakovsky.jpg

From lyrical classical jazz to the best lyricist in pop/rock/jazz lyrics with Joni Mitchell. Pick anyone gets you the winning lottery ticket. Tonight the winning number was: For the Roses XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

My wife on the massage table, our massage therapist (we need him, please!) both thanked me for a night of music that made everyone's night (there was more but this should do).

Enjoy the music,

Richard

Joni Mitchell For the Roses.jpg

Also....

At Kumakuma: What??? "...frozen north."??? Heat wave here in Toronto. An ice cube wouldn't stand a change in a pitcher of sangria.

I had a really great WOW moment with this recent download from HD Tracks! I wish all 24/96 sounded this good.

51GSSLNlW0L.jpg

Diana Krall

"The Girl in the Other Room"

Jay

Raised on TV.

51LXHudi07L.jpg

Good idea for a thread... now I get to discover new music.

This album - A good collection of Jennifer Lopez's hits and serves as a good introduction to her music.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Harpsichord music of Gesualdo da Venosa, Stella, Fillimarino, Montella, Lambardo, Rinaldo, Ippolito, Valente & Mayone

folder_Il Cembalo Intorno a Gesualdo.jpg

Musicians - Paola Erdas

Discography - Paola Erdas - Janas ensemble

SERVERS: 3 ISOLinux and Ubuntu Linux (AIFF, FLAC, backup) + Windows XP Subsonic on static IP (MP3)

FAMILY LISTENING: iMac 8.1 (SSD, Snow Leopard, Audirvana +, ethernet) > HRT Streamer II > NAD 316BEE > PSB Image B6

MAN-CAVE: Homebrew HTPC (coreI3, SSD, Win 7-64, Foobar2000, JRiver Media) > HRT Streamer II > NAD T750 (stereo, bypass mode) > Polk Audio RTA IIt (speaker, DAC & cable upgrade pending)

HOME OFFICE: Homebrew desktop Win7-64 (core2 quad, Foobar2000, MOG) > ASUS Xonar Essence STX > Fischer FA-002

PORTABLE: iPod Nano, various Sansa > Ultimate Ears TripleFi10

Most Important Gear = Jim Smith's "Get Better Sound" book

Graham Nash: Songs for Survivors XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF. Survives on his own.

Grahmn Nash Song For Survivors.jpg

Dr. John: Right Place Right Time: Live at Tipitina's 1989 44.1/16 DL HDtracks; Max conversion from Flac to AIFF. Right music any time.

Dr. John Right Place Right Time.jpg

Enjoying the music,

Richard

61VQdsnNnnL.jpg

Aretha's got awesome vocals.

Next to the Word of God, the noble art of music is the greatest treasure in the world - Martin Luther

Some "doom soul" and "goth gospel" from London-based Canadian poet/singer/songwriter Al Spx (aka Cold Specks).

cold_specks.jpg

Video: VIDEOS | Cold Specks

Tracks:

foobar2000 1.1.9 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.0

log date: 2012-07-26 12:48:21

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed: Cold Specks / I Predict a Graceful Expulsion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track

DR12 0.00 dB -17.62 dB 2:16 01-The Mark

DR10 0.00 dB -13.43 dB 2:29 02-Heavy Hands

DR8 0.00 dB -10.17 dB 4:05 03-Winter Solstice

DR9 0.00 dB -10.87 dB 3:20 04-When the City Lights Dim

DR9 0.00 dB -11.49 dB 2:35 05-Hector

DR9 0.00 dB -13.43 dB 3:50 06-Holland

DR10 0.00 dB -12.38 dB 4:14 07-Elephant Head

DR10 0.00 dB -14.02 dB 3:48 08-Send Your Youth

DR8 0.00 dB -11.39 dB 3:12 09-Blank Maps

DR6 0.00 dB -10.44 dB 4:01 10-Steady

DR11 0.00 dB -15.37 dB 3:11 11-Lay Me Down

Number of tracks: 11

Official DR value: DR9

Samplerate: 44100 Hz

Channels: 2

Bits per sample: 16

Bitrate: 1412 kbps

Codec: FLAC

SERVERS: 3 ISOLinux and Ubuntu Linux (AIFF, FLAC, backup) + Windows XP Subsonic on static IP (MP3)

FAMILY LISTENING: iMac 8.1 (SSD, Snow Leopard, Audirvana +, ethernet) > HRT Streamer II > NAD 316BEE > PSB Image B6

MAN-CAVE: Homebrew HTPC (coreI3, SSD, Win 7-64, Foobar2000, JRiver Media) > HRT Streamer II > NAD T750 (stereo, bypass mode) > Polk Audio RTA IIt (speaker, DAC & cable upgrade pending)

HOME OFFICE: Homebrew desktop Win7-64 (core2 quad, Foobar2000, MOG) > ASUS Xonar Essence STX > Fischer FA-002

PORTABLE: iPod Nano, various Sansa > Ultimate Ears TripleFi10

Most Important Gear = Jim Smith's "Get Better Sound" book

Yehudi Menuhin & Stephane Grappelli: Play Favorite Standards Disc1, XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Yehudi Menuhin & Stephane Grapelli  Play Favorite Standards.jpg

Django Reinhardt:The Complete Django Reinhardt HMV Sessions Disc4. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Django Rheinhardt The Complete Django Reinhardt HMV Sessions.jpg

Thelonious Monk and Sonny Rollins: Thelonious Monk & Sonny Rollins: Rudy Van Gelder [Original Recording Remastered]

Monk and Rollins RVG Monk & Rollins.jpg

Mountain Lion and Amarra make lovely music,

Richard

Also....

At Kumakuma: What??? "...frozen north."??? Heat wave here in Toronto. An ice cube wouldn't stand a change in a pitcher of sangria.

I had a really great WOW moment with this recent download from HD Tracks! I wish all 24/96 sounded this good.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1446[/ATTACH]

Diana Krall

"The Girl in the Other Room"

love that album

The Truth Is Out There

The Mamas And The Pappas: Gold [Original Recording Remastered] Disc 1. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Mama and the Papas Gold.jpg

Jose Feliciano: Feliciano XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Jose-Feliciano-Feliciano.jpg

George Harrison: Concert for Bangladesh [Original Recording Remastered] Disc 1. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Left out the BeeGees and The Beatles.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

George Harrison Concert of Bangledesh.jpg

Matt Monroe: Spotlight on...Matt Monro (Great Gentlemen of Song). XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF

Matt Monroe Spotlight on...Matt Monro (Great Gentlemen of Song).jpg

Mel Tormé and George Shearing: Top Drawer. XLD conversion redbook CD to AIFF.

Mel Torme George Shearing Top Drawer.jpg

The pool to draw on is deep.

Enjoying the music,

Richard

Speaking of Mel Tormé, I've really been enjoying this lately:

The 1956 Tormé-Paich Legendary Sessions.jpg

Mel Tormé and the Marty Paich Dek-Tette, The 1956 Tormé-Paich Legendary Sessions. Mel at the top of his form, and the Paich arrangements are sublime. (Remember that Paich was the arranger on the great Art Pepper + Eleven album.)

--David

Listening Room: Mac mini (Roon Core) > iMac (HQP) > exaSound PlayPoint (as NAA) > exaSound e32 > W4S STP-SE > Benchmark AHB2 > Wilson Sophia Series 2 (Details)

Office: Mac Pro >  AudioQuest DragonFly Red > JBL LSR305

Mobile: iPhone 6S > AudioQuest DragonFly Black > JH Audio JH5