19 minutes ago, sphinxsix said:

Everyone here is thinking only of you, you can't help it  (and you hoped wearing a mask could prevent that ;))

Probably true, but I don't want to take any of Austinpops well deserved credit for something.

No electron left behind...

Yesterday I was accused of listening to incomprehensible music (frankly I didn't go through all that album but i can recommend all previous Thumbscrew recordings), today I hopefully will give nobody a reason for similar accusations 9_9

Let me proudly present - the newest CD in my collection :)

I've really had some fun with this one throughout the day (it's very nicely played and quite well recorded), why make things complicated after all.? ;)

Joshua Rifkin, Scott Joplin - The Entertainer (The Very Best Of ...

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

16 minutes ago, austinpop said:

I’ve been savoring this album, listening to a symphony a day, and I again urge you - run, don’t walk, and buy this album at only $10.99 on Qobuz for a 3-disc set at 24/88.2.

Downloading now.  WE TRUST YOU !  Well I do.  

44 minutes ago, austinpop said:

Enjoy it! For me it’s with a cask strength single malt. 😉

We are watching Hamilton right now.  I will move it to the server tonight.  With Sublime+ it was like $6.    Cannot have enough Beethoven!

I have discovered the South African pianist Moses Taiwa Molelekwa shamefully late in my llfe. He died in a tragedy some twenty years ago at age only 27. Even then, he was great enough to be considered by some to be an heir to Abdullah Ibrahim. My plan for the next day or so is to listen to all his albums that are on Tidal. I started with this live performance, which is damn good.

F800B6A7-DD1C-4B0F-A6CB-3B42C3DBE843.thumb.jpeg.087bc5dc99fbeb85f1eb50c7e4e3274f.jpeg

Sorry, I have been a little bit careless...

The lady is the late great Lorraine Hunt Lieberson, here's a pic with more info:

huntneruda.jpg

3 hours ago, cambridgehank said:

Thanks, this is a great album.  I lost the original album, then lost the cd.  I had forgotten how much I liked this session.

I managed to get my CD ripped before I lost it! But Qobuz also comes to the rescue; it's streaming there.

JiLS

sonicTransporter i9 > opticalRendu > T+A DAC 8 DSD > Primare PRE35 > Primare A35.2 > PSB Synchrony Two speakers + REL T/9i subwoofers

Web Web is a German spiritual jazz “supergroup”. On this 2018 album they have moved a bit toward world music by including the Moroccan vocalist Majid Bekkas on some of the songs.

33C228E9-14ED-4110-8678-645BF233D833.thumb.jpeg.a79d530edc368b3cb9fa45dd9684152d.jpeg

Here's an excellent recording by super-gifted musicians I first learned about today, when Roon recommended the album. Jazz is a big umbrella, folks!

6643210F-4906-41CC-9BCA-CC31E16F99D9.thumb.jpeg.ca70faba1ffea75cffa1a4aee09fc777.jpeg

JiLS

sonicTransporter i9 > opticalRendu > T+A DAC 8 DSD > Primare PRE35 > Primare A35.2 > PSB Synchrony Two speakers + REL T/9i subwoofers

image.png.325d3281cb0b872a6d60fde7f49b28c6.png

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa