Been a busy day. Tonight a double header, Till Bronner The Good Life AIFF 24/96 and then Monty Alexander Road Dog AIFF rip at 16/44.1.

2 hours ago, firedog said:

Joe Williams fronting the Basie band. Haven't listened to this in awhile. Great stuff:

Count_Basie_Swings_--_Joe_Williams_Sings

Firedog, check out the version of this from hughdeftapetransfers. Superb in all respects.  Love this album.

2 hours ago, JoeWhip said:

Firedog, check out the version of this from hughdeftapetransfers. Superb in all respects.  Love this album.

There are a few different versions of these sessions around. The HDTT one has a less attractive song selection, IMO.

HDTT often has an album with a different song selection from the known versions of the release. Not sure why this is. Maybe because they are sometimes remastering tapes that were once released to the market and those were a different release from the more well known LP version. Or maybe they simply can't get the rights to all the songs for some reason. Or maybe the tapes they have access to aren't identical to the original master release. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>RPi4 (dietpi)>Kii Control>Audiolense DRC>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: (1) CAPS Pipeline>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)>Schiit Freya>Kii Three .(2) CAPS>ifi iDAC SPDIF>Kii Control.

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup. Living Room/Kitchen: RB Pi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

FOYV1MUSCLE-SHOALS-1000px-1-300x300.jpg

Very interesting LP - A chap from Northern Ireland who sounds like he is from Muscle Shoals......

Current:  JRiver 24 on Win 10 PC (AMD Ryzen 5 2600 with 32 GB RAM) or Daphile on an I5-2500K with 16 GB RAM

DAC - TEAC UD-501 DAC 

Pre-amp - Audio Research SP-16

Amplification - PS Audio S300

Speakers: Wharfedale Linton Heritage

Cables:Tara Labs and DiMarzio Interconnects

From Van Morrison to David Gray to Foy Vance...quite the lineage!  I'm listening to a lot of Foy these days...much needed SoulFi (as my buddy Mario calls it)  Thanks for the prod, just dropped the needle on this one!

image.thumb.png.53577502d352ece83ff0a7300e1efc33.png

1 hour ago, firedog said:

There are a few different versions of these sessions around. The HDTT one has a less attractive song selection, IMO.

HDTT often has an album with a different song selection from the known versions of the release. Not sure why this is. Maybe because they are sometimes remastering tapes that were once released to the market and those were a different release from the more well known LP version. Or maybe they simply can't get the rights to all the songs for some reason. Or maybe the tapes they have access to aren't identical to the original master release. 

Not sure either. I do have this recording on a 1980’s Japanese pressing and the HDDT tape transfer. Prefer the tape for SQ.

image.thumb.png.3e21c006ec933072637682b043992187.png

Oh yeah!  New Khruangbin drop today!  It's definitely dub o'clock somewhere!

Just started listening, I'm really curious what the trio sounds like with Joe Lovano who is a very different saxophonist from Joakim Milder with whom they recorded in 2014 (24-88).

Marcin Wasilewski Trio & Joe Lovano Arctic Riff 2LP

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

On 6/21/2020 at 7:40 AM, Teresa said:

I didn't like this one: An Analogue Productions remaster of Roger Waters' Amused to Death. It sounds decent, however both the music and sound effects turned me off, I was not amused. BTW I like Waters' previous band: Pink Floyd. Got it on sale for half price at Acoustic Sounds, it's still on sale.  I got a lot of great Jazz, Classical and Rock SACDs in this sale. So overall I did great.

I have now listened three times to Roger Waters' Amused to Death and it's growing on me so I think I will keep it. Still not amused though.

Listened to before signing onto the internet today.

image.png.64e62463d9a723292164406575a2073b.pngimage.png.a6e49f1c5d054941c903cafb74d66414.png

image.png.042961656908d9028e52f40b52eb4ef3.png

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

image.png.281ccfff3b8c8162cb6700df10bf199d.png

I have dementia. I save all my posts in a text file I call Forums.  I do a search in that file to find out what I said or did in the past.

I still love music.

Teresa

Live Cream Volume II - Wikipedia

24-96 version. "Sunshine of Your Love" is playing now. Good sound, great performance.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>RPi4 (dietpi)>Kii Control>Audiolense DRC>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: (1) CAPS Pipeline>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)>Schiit Freya>Kii Three .(2) CAPS>ifi iDAC SPDIF>Kii Control.

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup. Living Room/Kitchen: RB Pi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)