Rate this topic

On 2/19/2020 at 1:59 AM, austinpop said:

Well, so far so good. Both Dire Straits and Love Over Gold are better than any other version in my possession. In the case of the former, I like this MFSL version better than the SHM-SACD. With Love Over Gold, I just have the original CD release, and this MFSL SACD is significantly better.

Tomorrow, the other two...

I just got these too.  They sound great!

I have always loved all 4 of these albums + Brothers in Arms.  This band has a place in my top 10 (favorite) list, and Knopfler definitely cracks my top 5 guitarist list...

11 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

Album of the moment, just for @Jud

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 2.02.10 PM.png

What is the release date of this version please? 

6 hours ago, Rexp said:

I believe the red lettering means it's the remastered version, which supposedly has "© 2016 ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS" at the back of the SACD jewel case. However, the 52:57 length in the screen cap above matches neither original 1988 CD nor the remaster exactly but is much closer to the former. That's just from what little I know of course so experts would surely correct me.

I really wonder how do these compare to the ones from mid 70s. The first listen (24-96). 

Image result for pollini last beethoven 2020

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

24 minutes ago, accwai said:

I believe the red lettering means it's the remastered version, which supposedly has "© 2016 ANALOGUE PRODUCTIONS" at the back of the SACD jewel case. However, the 52:57 length in the screen cap above matches neither original 1988 CD nor the remaster exactly but is much closer to the former. That's just from what little I know of course so experts would surely correct me.

Thanks, looks like its playing from Qobus, but i couldn't find it in their store. 

Mozart By Candlelight by Chasing The Dragon records, 24/192. My wife and I were at this concert sitting close to Mike Valentine with the binaural head right over us. This recording takes me right back to that night.

1 hour ago, accwai said:

Thanks for reminding me I need to fix the cover art. It’s probably not accurate. 

No electron left behind...

58 minutes ago, Rexp said:

Thanks, looks like its playing from Qobus, but i couldn't find it in their store. 

it is a 16/44 CD rip. 

7 hours ago, Rexp said:

no idea. I’d have to go dig out the CD and I’m not going to do that. 

Still warm on my hard drive - first listen 24-96.

Image result for pollini last beethoven 2020

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.

image.thumb.png.f776b995651fdcc0fb0c76de4d946c01.png

We saw Yola in concert last night (INCREDIBLE!) and her opening act Amythyst Kiah completely blew us  away...amazing talent.  Kiah closed her set with an incredibly powerful performance of "Black Myself".  That was the gateway to this gem of an album, which I completely missed last year.  

Holy crap, it is more like artist of the evening here. I found Woodkid.

not sure if I like it all but surely interesting and lots of sound.

🇳🇱
Meitner ma1 v2 dac,  Sovereign preamp and power amp,

DIY speakers with scan speak illuminator drivers.

Under development:

NUC7i7dnbe, Euphony Stylus

EtherRegen, Clock modded Isoregen, Lush^2