20 hours ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

Screen Shot 2020-02-18 at 9.11.11 PM.png

With the SR1a you must have heard the very sudden and rough cut in track 3 at 4.59! I guess at the time the mixing/mastering engineer thought he (or she) could get away with it...

Streamer dCS Network Bridge DAC Chord DAVE Amplifier / DRC Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 Speakers Lindemann BL-10 | JL audio E-sub e110 Head-fi and reference Bakoon HPA-21 | Audeze LCD-3 (f) Power and isolation Dedicated power line | Xentek extreme isolation transformer (1KVA, balanced) | Uptone Audio EtherREGEN + Ferrum Hypsos | Sonore OpticalModule + Uptone Audio UltraCap LPS-1.2 | Jensen CI-1RR Cables Jorma Digital XLR (digital), Grimm Audio SQM RCA (analog), Kimber 8TC + WBT (speakers), custom star-quad with Oyaide connectors (AC), Ferrum (DC) and Ghent (ethernet) Software dCS Mosaic | Tidal | Qobuz

4 hours ago, jabbr said:

spacer.png

The title track is my all time favorite Queen song, loved that album growing up.  I created a lot of scratch marks on that vinyl.  

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

I'm on vacation in Hawaii so will be listening to little except the musicians at the luau we're going to tonight.

But lately I've been on a serious Krautrock trip, esp. the more ambient 'spiritual' side of things, and one can't do much better than Popol Vuh IMO. Perhaps what the forum needs right now for some chill out. Timeless and essential. 

RoonShareImage-637164900844630070.png

SERVER CLOSET (in office directly below living room stereo):NUC 7i5BNH with Roon ROCK (ZeroZone 12V on the NUC)>Cisco 2690L-16PS switch>Sonore opticalModule (Uptone LPS 1.2)>

LIVING ROOM: Sonore opticalRendu Roon version (Sonore Power Supply)> Shunyata Venom USB>Naim DAC V1>Witchhat DIN>Naim NAP 160 Bolt Down>Chord Rumor 2>Audio Physic Compact Classics. OFFICE: opticalModule> Sonore microRendu 1.4> Matrix Mini-i Pro 3> Naim NAP 110>NACA5>KEF Ls50's. BJC 6a and Ghent Catsnake 6a JSSG ethernet; AC cables: Shunyata Venom NR V-10; Audience Forte F3; Ice Age copper/copper; Sean Jacobs CHC PowerBlack, Moon Audio DIN>RCA, USB A>C. Isolation: Herbie's Audio Lab. 

2 hours ago, kumakuma said:

How's the sound quality?

I've listened to this collection a lot since it came out, and have found the sound quality excellent.  I think Resonance Records did a top-drawer job on this one.  I have the 16/44.1 kHz download version ('smatter of fact, I'm listening to "Don't Let That Moon Get Away" from 1939 right now).  Dynamic Range  (DR) on the tracks according to JRMC ranges from 9 to 17. 

It doesn't sound like it was recorded yesterday, but it sure sounds good to me.   I've found it at least as good as the sound quality I've heard on tracks from the same era on the Duke Ellington Centennial Edition: Complete RCA Recordings.  

And, oh, yes... the music is fantastic!

Hope that helps!