6 hours ago, rando said:

Interesting, do you listen to Indian Classical or ventured into this from the Ry Cooder side?  

I had read good reviews before I first listened to it years ago. I enjoy Ry Cooder's music generally particularly his guitar playing. I have also since been listening to a little Indian Classical - Ali Akbar Khan - Indian Architexture which is also excellent. Both are on Water Lily Acoustics with outstanding sound.

On 1/23/2020 at 1:52 AM, austinpop said:

I’m just starting to get to know the Bruckner symphonies, but this album is just incredible.

Abbado is very good indeed. You should also give Günther Wand a listen (he recorded the Bruckners more than once, his recordings with the Berliner are very good).

On 1/26/2020 at 2:01 AM, sphinxsix said:

16-44 Haven't made my mind up in 100% yet but possibly my favorite version of the 10th.

Image result for Shostakovich - Symphony No. 10, Ballet Suite No. 4 - Scottish National Orchestra, Neeme Jarvi CHAN 8630

Don't know if it is my favorite, but it's very good - both in performance and sound. 

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

This may very well be my favourite LvB 9th:

4636262.jpg

O Freunde, nicht diese Töne!
Sondern lasst uns angenehmere anstimmen,
und freudenvollere.
Freude!

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

HQPlayer Desktop / Mac mini → Intona 7054 → RME ADI-2 DAC FS (DSD256)

On 1/28/2020 at 2:03 AM, austinpop said:

One of my all-time favorite albums. Hadn't heard it in a few months, after which there have been significant improvements in my system. Wow! Even after over 15 years of ownership, this album still takes my breath away. By far the best interpretation of Mahler's 2nd of all time. IMHO, of course.

folder.jpg

The Redbook version is here: https://open.qobuz.com/album/0002894743802 and has excellent SQ. If you can get your hands on the DSD version, it's even better.

If I recall correctly, he wasn’t a professional conductor but learning this piece was a single minded quest for him?