Rate this topic

54 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

We've had to face to face conversation about DR.  I've got a bunch of crappy DR but well produced albums - we all probably have some.

I think the gif from that MTV Unplugged performance said a lot about what they were facing.  Much has been written and said about this series, by those involved or in attendance, that could be looked up.  At least PJ can't complain it lent them inconsistent results.  This level of homogeneity between an example official studio, stadium, and small venue acoustic recording could only result from control over production being exerted.  If not offer proof rock stars enjoy their cinq à sept more than most.  ;)

My son returned from Japan with the Triumvirat CD discussed a few pages back, along with a Czech jazz/rock gem from 1975 by Fermáta. New to me, and a lot of fun.

Screenshot_20200117-173901.png

Just finished listening to this new album from Emily King. If you don’t know her, go give her a listen. 

this album is a mix of originals and songs on other albums, mixed differently and acoustic. Very good. 

BE66FACB-6A0F-499F-B6BB-BE349BAC0C80.png

No electron left behind...

I like to prepare for concerts by creating playlists that match the published program. Getting ready for Daniil Trifonov next month.  He'll be paying a lot of Scriabin in the first half,  but I couldn't find any Scriabin that he recorded so I had to substitute others. This was a nice surprise.

Screenshot_20200119-183248_BubbleUPnP.jpg

8 hours ago, Daccord said:

I like to prepare for concerts by creating playlists that match the published program. Getting ready for Daniil Trifonov next month.  He'll be paying a lot of Scriabin in the first half,  but I couldn't find any Scriabin that he recorded so I had to substitute others. This was a nice surprise.

Screenshot_20200119-183248_BubbleUPnP.jpg

Scriabin being one of my favourites, please let me know how Trifonov did.

Thank you very much,

Dieter

After a very musically diverse evening (from rock to contemporary avantgarde) some beautiful, easy going harp music by Lavinia Meijer (16-44).

Image result for Lavinia Meijer - Passaggio - Einaudi By Lavinia (2013)

The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted. Mark the music.

―  William Shakespeare.