Rate this topic

It took me five years to bump into Thom Yorke. Well, not literally because had I stopped at the red light just before he crossed...

He mustn't be around much.

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

Hyperion releases a free sampler every month. I think they are fun. Backside: you will end up buying more music than you intended (nothing wrong with that, though; I do not use Qobuz or something similar).

folder.JPG.34780a155ac036f82277194fdda87fce.JPG

I am a huge fan of Lavay, have been for a while now and have had the chance to hear her often as well as become friends. If you live in or near San Fran, go find her live. She performs often. 

E708C6AE-CF47-4704-A41D-34356AB1F20E.jpeg

No electron left behind...

10 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

I have the 24/48 DVD rip and it sounds wonderful!

Looking for a rip of the 2019 vinyl release though. Probably has better dynamic range. 

Could you please detail both your vinyl playback chain and the amount of times your (as unopened as it is complete, I surmise) PJ vinyl collection has been played.  I'm willing to follow this conversation to the AS Vinyl sub-forum to avoid a lengthy in depth conversation here. :P

The comment @Solstice380 made, not assessing how wonderful it sounds, about DR of a live studio recording using acoustic instruments had merit.  Even if the delivery and subsequent responses were tinged with irrepressible amounts of smirking.  

In the last month I've bought a few PJ cd's; "20" and "Rearviewmirror" (Greatest Hits).  Both albums contain a DR6 and a DR7 disc.  Neither unexpected nor broadly out of line with the particular qualities of their other recordings/live performances.  I enjoyed it for what it is and didn't wish for something on the order of a Beatles/RS re-imagining in an unbelievable quality the band duly swears is authentic and of impeccable provenance.

Original CD release, not pristine vinyl or a modern remastering.  

Folder.thumb.jpg.e65faab296e8999c334fe6da5cbf6461.jpg