I bought this LP in 1975 or perhaps 1976. I've never seen it on CD, so I made a needle drop a long time ago. It's not on Tidal, and whatever Spotify has is nothing like the LP I bought. I listen to it a couple of times a year, and it always sparks joy. I think this may be the greatest prog rock album ever.

13 minutes ago, Daccord said:

I bought this LP in 1975 or perhaps 1976. I've never seen it on CD, so I made a needle drop a long time ago. It's not on Tidal, and whatever Spotify has is nothing like the LP I bought. I listen to it a couple of times a year, and it always sparks joy. I think this may be the greatest prog rock album ever.

You can find this on Qobuz: https://www.qobuz.com/fr-fr/album/illusions-on-a-double-dimple-triumvirat/0724353516253

And thank you for reminding me of that treasure.

11 minutes ago, Daccord said:

If only Qobuz were available in Canada. But I clicked on your link anyway and the track list doesn't match the LP. It's showing what Spotify shows. What's Timothy? It's certainly not on the LP.

Not giving up:-)

Amazon sells a CD, that looks very much like what Qobuz offers. Seems like an extended version of the original LP: https://www.amazon.co.jp/Illusions-Double-Dimple-Triumvirat/dp/B007MV8458/ref=tmm_acd_title_2?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1576466902&sr=8-1

6 minutes ago, dieterjp said:

Not giving up:-)

Amazon sells a CD, that looks very much like what Qobuz offers. Seems like an extended version of the original LP: https://www.amazon.co.jp/Illusions-Double-Dimple-Triumvirat/dp/B007MV8458/ref=tmm_acd_title_2?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1576466902&sr=8-1

Thanks. My son speaks Japanese and he's going to Japan after Christmas to visit his grandmother. And he likes Triumvirat. I'll ask him to do some investigating.

1 hour ago, Daccord said:

Thanks. My son speaks Japanese and he's going to Japan after Christmas to visit his grandmother. And he likes Triumvirat. I'll ask him to do some investigating.

I doubt that will be necessary for our purposes.  The album covers are both in English on that Amazon Japan link @dieterjp posted.  Timing is slightly off compared to that shown on the Youtube thumbnail.

71MU3DQc9qL._SL1200_.jpg

Just now, Daccord said:

Delivery within Japan to Obaa-chan's and pickup by son should save me a bundle on shipping.

Ah! so.  Google translate required a few kicks on my end.  In case you were hinting towards that end and missed the rear cover, I linked it here.  Easier for everyone.

11 hours ago, Daccord said:

If only Qobuz were available in Canada. But I clicked on your link anyway and the track list doesn't match the LP. It's showing what Spotify shows. What's Timothy? It's certainly not on the LP.

With NetShade you can be anywhere ...

BTW, Timothy is on Qobuz ...

Roch