Rate this topic

832279BE-D78C-4EB2-9DAB-B32DE3C23CFF.thumb.jpeg.660d1693d11370fdb57c110e47fca054.jpeg

This is the winner of the 2019 Parliamentary Jazz Awards Album of the Year. Fergus McCreadie is a young (20ish) Scottish pianist, and this album shows strong influences of Scottish folk music. (No bagpipes though. For that you'll need Rufus Harley.)

Look at the mess that Tidal made of this relatively new release of Rigoletto,  from the funky cover crop to the incorrect track order (ignoring disc number). I ended up buying the download, which I thoroughly enjoyed. 

Screenshot_20191211-104643_TIDAL.jpg

Screenshot_20191211-104549_TIDAL.jpg

8 minutes ago, AudioDoctor said:

I listened to this tonight and now I need sleep. 

14E1D91C-24C2-4912-ACA6-9047995B0CC8.png

JJ Cale, an American original ! His influence on music was incredible, and no less than Eric Clapton called him "one of the single most important figures in rock history". 

JC

Hello,

Here is the list of recordings I have been listening for this week evenings - like them all actually, maybe you'll like them as well. Enjoy!

167425398_ScreenShot2019-12-12at10_21_02.png.72c0bae6fd2cd10c608da630f94ea7fa.png

--

Krzysztof Maj

http://mkrzych.wordpress.com/

"Music is the highest form of art. It is also the most noble. It is human emotion, captured, crystallised, encased… and then passed on to others." - By Ken Ishiwata

10 hours ago, austinpop said:

Really digging this album of music I hadn’t heard before. It’s only $5 for the next few hours as part of the eClassical Christmas daily deals. 

https://www.eclassical.com/labels/naxos/jose-albeniz-manen-guitar-works.html

Note to prospective buyers

eClassical Christmas deals are not limited to the day they're issued.

This album is still available for $5.07

"Science draws the wave, poetry fills it with water" Teixeira de Pascoaes

1 hour ago, biosailor said:

EBA79DD7-B89C-4238-BA15-928E4EAD8C5E.jpeg

Doubt I would be capable of appreciating the music on this album.  The cover photo is agreeable enough though.  🏔️