Rate this topic

Nico - songstress for the Velvet Underground and assorted Warholery

Portlandia is a video series from Fred Parmesan and some rocker chick, set in the city that it closely resembles 

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound

speaking of which...

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

how you with regular punk?

Technically, the slightly different KJ appears on nearly all of his recordings following this one... and a skiing accident that made it impossible to play certain works.  

Jeez, I'm turning into whatshisname that only pops by to make pronounced judgements on other's albums.  x-D

On 11/26/2019 at 8:20 AM, biosailor said:

Had this album on the radar for a while. Now that you say it's good, I'll definitely have a go at it. 

I hope you enjoy it (nice for late night listening as well). This short and sweet review sums it up perfectly .. JazzTimes.

I see nobody here celebrated the recent Chinese corporate holiday, Alibaba's "Singles Day." 

Making up for this clearly lacking understanding of e-commerce, with mere hours remaining before the nuts explode out of their can domestically/abroad to contest their worth in the physical and virtual terroir.  

fb1b-iikmuti0853605.jpg

7 hours ago, Musicophile said:

My favorite of the Fischer/Mahler cycle.

Ivan's older brother Adám has a Mahler cycle from Dusseldorf.  His 4th is very detailed.  It starts out slow but picks up speed and remains interesting thereafter.

Mac Mini (2012 i7) > HQPlayer or Audirvana > exaSound e32 > Parasound JC-1 > Thiel 3.7