Rate this topic

15 minutes ago, The Computer Audiophile said:

04366AB8-F29D-42FA-9912-401375830AF5.png

while still subdued, its livelier than most ECM and it sounds really good.  Cohen's trumpet is beguiling as usual...

Hey MQA, if it is not all $voodoo$, show us the math!

2 hours ago, crenca said:

while still subdued, its livelier than most ECM and it sounds really good.  Cohen's trumpet is beguiling as usual...

I still find it amusing that Roon can't get the two Avishai Cohen's straight, especially as the other one is a bassist. 

Main listening (small home office):

Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>CAPS IV Pipeline Server + Sonore 12V PS>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: CAPS Pipeline>IFi iOne DAC>Schiit Freya>Kii Three . Also an SBT and a RB Pi 3B+ running piCorePlayer as an SBT emulator. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

3 hours ago, AudioDoctor said:

I read a good write up about this album earlier today so I gave it a listen and liked it. It earned a spot in my library.

24/96 Qobuz stream.

Thanks for highlighting this one - a rather uncommon approach, but particularly involving.

John Walker - IT Executive

Headphone - MacMini running Roon Server > Netgear Orbi wireless > Blue Jeans Cable Ethernet > mRendu Roon endpoint > iFi Audio xDSD + iFi Audio xCAN > Focal Elegia

Home Theater - Mac Mini running Roon Server > Blue Jeans Cable HDMI > Pioneer Elite SC-81 > MartinLogan Motion series home theater speakers + M&K subwoofer

This was meant to be my full moon Album of the Evening.  Then I forgot to pull the wrapper off before taking an admittedly poor cell photo.  Blank spot on top left corner is a metal(?) plaque with DSD logo affixed to case.  Have not tried to play SACD layer to see if it exists.  Clipping does.

Lin Yingping (Solo Gu Zheng)

The Moon Over My Heart

08 The Autumn Days_44k.wav

0913191509b.thumb.jpg.51a7abd4e833ad9fff1c1753c08b46a4.jpg

0913191509a.thumb.jpg.1ca45e9254fedffe43170fb67231c7ff.jpg

Sergei Rachmaninov

Sonata for Piano No. 2

Carlos Guastavino

Piano music I'd never heard of until I bought this CD haha

Martin Klett

1475195216_MartinKletta.jpg.58a007f2271ea87199e902ace1c48233.jpg

1210551010_MartinKlettb.thumb.jpg.348d53b9bbe076caed7f48c7463280d9.jpg

请教别人一次是5分钟的傻子,从不请教别人是一辈子的傻子

"I know I chatter on far too much...but if you only knew how many things I want to say and don't, you'd give me some credit!"  -Anne of Green Gables

Thx I didn't know about that Fleetwood Mac album - I am still looking for a CD of The Early Years...

"The overwhelming majority [of audiophiles] have very little knowledge, if any, about the most basic principles and operating characteristics of audio equipment. They often base their purchasing decisions on hearsay, and the preaching of media sages. Unfortunately, because of commercial considerations, much information is rooted in increasing revenue, not in assisting the audiophile. It seems as if the only requirements for becoming an "authority" in the world of audio is a keyboard."

-- Bruce Rozenblit of Transcendent Sound